Windows Vista Verisoft single sign on is driving me insane

A

angryectangle

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct category for this, so feel free to move it if it's not.

I am using an HP Pavillion tx13321 laptop which come with a program called 'Verisoft single sign on' and a fingerprint scanner so I can log in using my fingerprints.

This is an awesome feature and I enjoy using it for logging in to Windows, but it comes up EVERY TIME I open or log in to ANYTHING.

EVERY time I open MSN messenger or type in my email password I have to wait for the stupid Verisoft single sign in pop up to come up and see if I'd like to save the information.

I want desperately to turn this stupid thing off (excluding logging in to windows) but I cannot seem to figure out how it is possible. I've checked all the Verisoft settings and configuration information and there's nothing in there to turn it off for regular password information.

Please help!! It's driving me insane!!

Hi, I did a quick look around the net and found this page:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
You may already have this information though, if this is the case, have you considered phoning HP support?

Yeah I've seen that, and I've set up the fingerprint user to log on to windows.. but that's just it. I ONLY want it to log on to windows, and the problem is that it pops up every time I log into ANYTHING. I don't want to set it up, I just want it to go away!

I might call HP support but I'm in Peru right now so I'll have to pay for the call.. if I get around to it I guess.

I look thru the site myself and read how the fingerprint scanner is used to start the os 'and certain programs', so you may be stuck with it like that I'm afraid.. I couldn't seem to find anything that gave more options (as you've already mentioned) If i get chance I'll have another look..

Yeah I've seen that, and I've set up the fingerprint user to log on to windows.. but that's just it. I ONLY want it to log on to windows, and the problem is that it pops up every time I log into ANYTHING. I don't want to set it up, I just want it to go away!

I might call HP support but I'm in Peru right now so I'll have to pay for the call.. if I get around to it I guess.
:)Hi!! Try writing them an e-mail. Here's the address: [email protected] Sincerely, Celestra (The spaces between words are upper case bars) Leave your e-mail and Messenger open- check remember my address and password when the opening screen comes on. I don't have Verisign but I have a code which stops my computer from logging on without my input. I took it off line to do some work, and when I went to put it back, I get a warning that my drive will erase (Security Feature) I wasn't aware of. Ask HP if you have something like that.

dude.... just disable the single sign on(sso)function.....

I've messed around with the Bioscript VeriSoft Manager and I can tell you how to remove Single Sign On but keep the Windows logon functionality ^^. Please note if you're not on 64 bit you can drop the WoW6432Node.

Step 1: Sign out of the VeriSoft Access manager.
Step 2: Open regedit with elevation.
Step 3: Export the following registry key to somewhere safe in case you want SSO back:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ITConcepts\MasterRepository\Services\SSO]
Step 4: Delete the above key.
Step 5 (Optional): You can reset your profile by going to:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ITConcepts\MasterRepository\UserDirectories\<SOME BIG LONG KEY>\<YOUR USER NAME>]
and deleting the key that is your user name.

I hope this helps you a lot ^^

Back