Windows 8 Video Download Problem

A likely lad

Has anyone encountered this issue. I normally download videos using RealPlayer, In Windows XP and 7 there was no problem, now I'm using Windows 8 I cannot download. I used the same settings as I did with XP and 7, the only thing I changed was the destination folder of the downloaded video.

I even tried several versions of YouTube downloaders and got the same result.

The videos play fine, its just that I can't [expletive deleted] download them.

Another issue involves AVS4U Media Player. When I open a downloaded video, I have audio, but no video, any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

It seems like you are encountering issues with downloading videos using RealPlayer on Windows 8 and facing problems with video playback in AVS4U Media Player. Let's address each of these problems:

### Issue 1: Downloading Videos Using RealPlayer
When downloading videos using RealPlayer on Windows 8, you are facing difficulties despite having used the same settings as in Windows XP and 7. The change in the destination folder is the only difference you mentioned. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Update RealPlayer: Ensure that you are using the latest version of RealPlayer compatible with Windows 8. Sometimes, older versions may not work seamlessly on newer operating systems.

2. Check Destination Folder Permissions: Make sure that the destination folder for the downloaded videos has the necessary permissions set for writing files. Ensure that RealPlayer has the required access to save files in that folder.

3. Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable. A weak or intermittent connection can lead to download failures.

4. Reinstall RealPlayer: If the issue persists, try reinstalling RealPlayer to ensure a clean installation.

### Issue 2: AVS4U Media Player Video Playback Issue
Having audio but no video when playing downloaded videos in AVS4U Media Player can be frustrating. Here are some steps to troubleshoot this problem:

1. Codec Issue: Check if the video codec used in the downloaded videos is supported by AVS4U Media Player. AVS4U Media Player may require specific codecs to play certain video formats.

2. Video Rendering Settings: Verify the video rendering settings in the player. Sometimes, changing the video output settings can resolve video playback problems.

3. Update AVS4U Media Player: Make sure you are using the latest version of AVS4U Media Player. Updates often include fixes for video playback issues.

4. Check Video File Integrity: Confirm that the downloaded video files are not corrupted. Try playing them in another media player to check if the issue persists.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issues you are facing with both downloading videos in RealPlayer and video playback in AVS4U Media Player on Windows 8. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any other issues!

Back