Windows Vista video playback performance

jeffhendo45

when i try and do a windows performance index in windows 7 ultimate it says it cannot rate my computer because it cant do a video playback performance test. I have a toshiba sattelite laptop thank you-jeffhendo45

Hi

How old is your computer, this usually shows up on computers that don't have the technology to run the tests.
Toshiba Satellite computers go way back to the early 2000s, if you have a new one I'm not sure what the issue could be.
Let us know what model.

Mike

Last edited:
thank you mike, bingo. I bought the satellite used for my daughter 2-3 years ago so its 5+ at least. Saved me a lot of time trying to fix it. It was bugging me but is there any way to get the experience index rating w/o it? Thank you for your time you provide something that is often taken for granted - a little help.

Hi

I don't know of any way to get the index without it.
It doesn't mean much anyway.

I have about as fast a computer as you could buy a year ago, but my index is limited by hard drive performance to 5.9 even though all the other aspects check out at 7.7 to 7.8. out of a possible 7.9.

The only thing I could do to improve it would be to use solid state hard drives.

So the figure doesn't really mean a lot anyway.

Mike

Back