Video Player 2nd window floating feature.

I have searched for two days and downloaded 15 windows video players in search for what I want.

The thing is that I remember this feature was available in 2005 during the Windows XP Era. I don't remember the name of the player that could do it. I found the backup software CD I had since that time and tried to install the video player programs on it as well. But most did not work even after I tried to use the compatible feature.

This feature works exactly the way Skype works today. The moment you click away from the main window a new smaller window appears playing the video that will be in the corner and always on top.

I have found floating video features for the browsers but not for an installed software.

There might be a third party software that offers to display any program in that same manner. Maybe there is a windows feature that I am aware of.

Please assist only if you are sure of the answer.

I am currently using Windows 8.1.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
VLC has an 'always on top' feature but it doesn't auto shrink. You'd have to do that manually.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.