Windows 7 video show grains

cooler2005

Hi.!

I am trying to play a DVD video file on my windows 7 windows media player. Since it is a DVD format, the movie is crystal clear (hv tested it on my laptop [vista]). When i play it in windows 7, the movie shows a lot of grains and is not at all clear.! I've even tried a couple of codecs, tried k-lite mega pack, Media player classic...btu in vain. Kindly help me out plz.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.! Thanks for replying...

The graphic card is an onboard intel card....i'm not really sure of the model number and everything...but i do see an icon in my taskbar which says "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator"...so i guess windows 7 did install the graphics driver.

Hi...thanks for replying...:)

This is what it says....

Intel(R) 915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GE/GL Processor to I/O Controller - 2580

is it all like in squares?

i have the same problem

tried installing a fresh driver for the NVIDIA- current Geforce - does that have anything to do with the video quality?

i have the same problem

tried installing a fresh driver for the NVIDIA- current Geforce - does that have anything to do with the video quality?

Need a bit more info really..Could you list your system spec?

Hi...thanks for replying...:)

This is what it says....

Intel(R) 915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GE/GL Processor to I/O Controller - 2580

I checked on the Intel site and the latest driver I could find was for XP... How old is your machine?

im not really good in this - i have a HP pavilion DV2700

do you know what can be the problem - it only started after installing the new windows

im not really good in this - i have a HP pavilion DV2700

do you know what can be the problem - it only started after installing the new windows

Same with you adamike, I'd try running vista drivers if you can otherwise your machine may be a little too old..

I have to agree with Kem....those pc's will have issues due to the age. Win 7 as well as Vista has a much higher overhead than XP, requiring newer more efficient hardware

Unfortunately it has little to do with the os version..

Whilst it's true that windows 7 doesn't need much to run (not as much as vista anyway). It still needs relatively recent hardware... So if your laptop/desktop easily ran vista then under 7 it shouldn't have any problems... If you've never ran vista and was hoping to leap straight to 7 then it might be the case where the machine is just not up to the job....

If you still feel that your machine may be capable then try the 7 install advisor: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Back