Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

sacredboy

Hi guys,

I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes".

What could be the reason of that?

Thank you.

• Click the Start button
  • Type cmd
  • Right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator"
  • Type netcfg -d
  • Once it finishes, reboot and try creating a vswitch again

• Click the Start button
  • Type cmd
  • Right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator"
  • Type netcfg -d
  • Once it finishes, reboot and try creating a vswitch again
Followed your advice and not only it didn't help but also all my wireless and ethernet interfaces are gone.

How to restore them back?

DId you reboot, connections that exist (LAN, WLAN) should come back after a reboot.

Yes I did that but nothing was restored.

Reinstalled OS, installed VMware Workstation and then turned on Hyper-V feature. After that, virtual switches are created successfully. I have no idea what was that.

Just one question. I need periodically switch between Hyper-V and VMware Workstation so I turned off hypervisor using bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off command. However, when I need to switch to Hyper-V I get the error that says that hypervisor is not enabled. So, I'm forced to use bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off command and restart my computer entirely.

Is there any other way to solve this issue without restarting computer?

Thank you.

Are you getting an error, you should be able to use both at the same time since they create their own virtual networking

Back