Windows 7 Vista Drivers compatibility with Windows 7

Rediew

hi, me again.

I have a Laptop Asus N50Vn dual booting Vista x86 and W7 x64.
Many stuff (fingerprint, face recognition, camera, wireless, custom buttons) obviously dont come with windows regular drivers.
Asus in their website has such drivers/software for VIsta x64 operating system.

Up to which extent can i use VIsta x64 drivers in x64 Windows 7?
What are possible consequences of that?

hi, me again.

I have a Laptop Asus N50Vn dual booting Vista x86 and W7 x64.
Many stuff (fingerprint, face recognition, camera, wireless, custom buttons) obviously dont come with windows regular drivers.
Asus in their website has such drivers/software for VIsta x64 operating system.

Up to which extent can i use VIsta x64 drivers in x64 Windows 7?
What are possible consequences of that?

Mostly for Win 7 Beta, Vista drivers are the only game in town except for some companies like Ati now releasing Win 7 Beta compatible drivers. There is no damage to the hardware from the use of VISTA drivers that work. Often the System will accept them in compatibilty mode and make the devices work well , reject them outright during installation or accept but the device won't function as we might expect. But once you uninstall the system the devices work OK in an earlier Windows ( ex: Vista or XP) . This is from my limited experiences over the last few months with Win 7 Beta.

The best way to get theses answers is to try installing those drivers and check out if it works. If it doesn't then consult your constructor website daily to get update on your driver products.

Back