Windows 7 Vista SP1 or XP SP3

Matt

So guys, which do you prefer? I prefer Windows Vista SP1, as SP1 has made Vista even faster and more reliable, and from day 1, Vista has been more secure than Windows XP.

XP SP3.
I think Vista is like XP with a facelift, and some annoyances.
Plus, SP# speeds up XP, Vista slows down in most areas after SP1.

Haven't tried SP3 - can't be bothered, maybe on my laptop - XP's finished for me for desktop really.
When I had Vista without the service pack it was a bit dodgey, but after SP1 I feel a lot more comfortable with Vista.

I really can't make a justified decision between the two, but I could have to say Vista SP1. I did notice a slight performance improvement with SP1.

I really didn't notice anything with XP SP3 when I installed it. But, I do know a lot of things have been changed behind-the-scenes.

Yeah, SP1 is great, but I did run into a bug that created a BSOD on boot, and Ms said I had to get a XP cd, format the drive, and then reinstall Vista, because SP1 corrupted a file which flags the drive as corrupted, which makes Vista's DVD and installation BSOD, but not the XP installation CD. But it was easily fixable with a ubuntu live CD. But other from that, SP1 for vista is great, and the poll seems to show that. :)

Vista Service Pack 1 by far. I don't like XP, It sorta has that "Cheapo" feeling. Well thats just my opinion..

VISTA!!! All the way! I don't know what all the XP-ites are crying about, don't we want to advance? Vista rocks my socks, since early in '07 let alone after SP1. Yes, some delay in getting some drivers, but nothing too bad. And the performance rocks!

Maybe people just don't like change? Hey - the C64 was a great device in it's day too, but we must keeep taking steps to bigger and better things.

Here is to W7!!!

Well after a year and a half, I would have to say Vista SP1 over XP PRO SP3... I got Vista Home Premium back in March 07 and it was complete crap. Nothing worked right, drivers impossible to find. etc.. you all know the stories of it's past so I won't bore you with them. I just have to say WOW, what a difference now from then. I had no problems with any aspect of the install at all. Games seem o be working a little better too then in XP PRO SP3. Having said all this I am definitly going to be switching to Windows 7 though as soon as I get all my data backed up.

I also think that with SP1 Vista is better. Mine has been up since mid July with no problems. Of course I had to hunt around for drivers but once installed it's running well. I installed W7 a couple of days ago, made a 30Gb partition. It doesn't look bad, keeping in mind that it is a Beta. I have 2 major issues though, V card Sapphire 9550 is not running, (tried Kyle's rec also) and at TV tuner, live TV is jerky. I mostly use it for work, don't have any big games running. To be honest my machine isn't even in that caliber. Let's not forget that XP didn't start off with just the snap of a finger.

Back