Windows Vista Vista update KB940510 detects "bad" OS

Hi Superbill,

thanx for the link. I guess it's lucky I found out about this as I'll be getting a new m/b soon. As I my version of Vista is OEM (a lot cheaper at 60 quid a pop) my licence won't cover the new mobo and I may have considered some sort of 'get around'. I know you can usually just phone the guys at MS and obtain a new key but at least now I know that this is the safest route. Mind you depending how rich I'm feeling I might even blow the cash and buy a full licence version :confused:

I guess it's lucky I found out about this as I'll be getting a new m/b soon. As I my version of Vista is OEM (a lot cheaper at 60 quid a pop) my licence won't cover the new mobo and I may have considered some sort of 'get around'. I know you can usually just phone the guys at MS and obtain a new key but at least now I know that this is the safest route. Mind you depending how rich I'm feeling I might even blow the cash and buy a full licence version :confused:
Hey man as long as you install SP1 b-4 you try to activate (they give you about 3 shots like XP w/SP1) you should be OK but if not all you gotta do is call MS it only takes a few min. Trust me I've done it about 6 or 7 times.:D I've also changed MoBo's 3 times sense I first activated Vista

Really? 6-7 times you say.. Hmm thats ok then, I thought it was going to be a real pain in the arse. I did think that if I had to buy a new copy of Vista I'd use this copy for a media centre I'm gonna build using certain bits of hardware from this pc but maybe I'll rethink my plans.. Thanks for the heads up :D

Really? 6-7 times you say.. Hmm thats ok then, I thought it was going to be a real pain in the arse. I did think that if I had to buy a new copy of Vista I'd use this copy for a media centre I'm gonna build using certain bits of hardware from this pc but maybe I'll rethink my plans.. Thanks for the heads up :D

No Problem :D

Back
Top Bottom