Windows 7 Volume Mixer Resets Sound to 100%

gir

Hi, everytime I load a game I change the volume to say 15%, after I close the game then try it again, the sound jumps back up to 100% volume like windows has not registered the change and chosen to ignore or save my preferences. Programs like steam will continue to use the selected volume but some other programs (mostly games) do not.

Is there any fix to this issue? :confused:

Thanks. :)

is there a way to defaut all programs to a lower volume, even programs that have not been run on the system yet?

i use line in for tv input to use tv and pc speakers at the same time
line in vol is set to around 7% windows linear (50% for audio taper) using power mixer
and i would like all new programs/games ect to have a volume around 20% linear taper
windows defaults eveything new to be 100% and they can be extremely loud

Hi, everytime I load a game I change the volume to say 15%, after I close the game then try it again, the sound jumps back up to 100% volume like windows has not registered the change and chosen to ignore or save my preferences. Programs like steam will continue to use the selected volume but some other programs (mostly games) do not.

Is there any fix to this issue? :confused:

Thanks. :)

Generally, in the game under settings is where any changes need to be made and then saved. Not the primary sound of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom