Windows 7 w7 freezing software programs (not responding)

It can be difficult to find. In Windows 7 I believe you'd want to go to Personalize in Control Panel and then Display then Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties

is this o.k.?
graphics1.JPG

Yeah you only have 128MB dedicated. What about in task manager, one of the tabs should show you how much memory is 'hardware reserved'

'hardware reserved'
Harware reserved is 330, in gray. I remember I was told to minimize some usage before adding 2x4GB. I am sorry for it not to be in english, just let me know to roughly translate it to you if necessary

PS. I am currently working with several online dictionaries, so I maintain open several tabs in the browser.

graphics2.JPG

Last edited:
Hmm yeah it only sees 4GB. It's possible it doesn't physically support more than 4GBs. I would look in BIOS and see if it identifies all the RAM, if it does not then that would be why.

There's only a small risk if you flash BIOS, look at the settings would cause any problems.

You'll just need to look at your screen during system start up. Usually it will require pressing F1, F2, F10, F12 or Esc. It should say something like Press F# for Setup or the like. Once in there you'll just have to navigate the menus and look for system settings or memory settings. BIOS never seems to be the same from system to system.

Back
Top Bottom