Windows 7 w7 run terribly slow in normal mode

destinopolinesi

i have bought a aspire 5252 one week ago and since ive use jdwldr, explorer, firefox, opera, chrome, skype, gimp and dreamweaver 8

the problem is upon yesterday the w7 runs terribly slow in normal mode but it does it ok in secure & secure net.

I have passed the antivirus and the spybot and i have cleaned the start up removing all not necessary that i had previously checked one by one googling

the problem persists and this is the hijackthis log:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

hoping your help

Do you know what the following is? You might search your registry for the number.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file

You seem to have the Norton online backup. I have not run this, but Norton has been known for taking quite a bit of computer time.

How many anti-virus programs do you have running currently?

I firmly belive you have more than 1 security or lingering pieces of something other than just 1, in your system... there's just been too many things mentioned in the same breath that i makes me VERY suspisious.

??????????????

And if I wondering about that, it also makes me wonder if there's more than 1 firewall happening, too...

????????????????????????

Drew

Last edited:
yes possible is something relationed with the firewall because in sure net mode i can not change the parameters even reboot to the default ones

A lot of automatic backup programs are real resource hogs. If you had different AV software on before and uninstalled it go to the manufacturer's site and find their cleanup tool. AV programs can leave things behind that cause problems.
Joe

Ok, here's a rather long answer but...

1. Do a Disc Check - >cmd, type, CHKDSK /r/f
2. > cmd, type sfc /scannow
3. > cmd, Run as Admin, type, cleanmgr sageset:1, hit Enter; put a check in all boxes, hit OK; now, type cleanmgr sagerun:1, hit Enter
4. Get completely rid of whatever securiyt & use Microsoft Security Essentials
5. Use the Win7 Firewall
6. Run Malwarebytes
7. Check msconfig for unwanted stuff running in the background & or @ Start-up
8. Run CCleaner
9. Internet Options, Delete & Delete
10. Get rid of any toolbars.
11. Avoid alledged Registry Fix Tools
12. Read this - http://windows7forums.com/tweaks-gu...-potentially-useful-valuable-compilation.html

Regards,
Drew

i can not CHKDSK /r/f neither i can run cmd in admin mode. Ican only run chkdsk
ive run sfc /scannow and there are no validation errors
ive run (not as admin because i can not) cleanmgr sageset:1 and cleanmgr sagerun:1, and ive cleaned all
i can not check, run; change parameter or reinstall Win7 Firewall, ig gives continuos errors
Malwarebytes already run and cleaned
CCleaner already run and cleaned
Internet Options, Delete & Delete, HOW,
10. Get rid of any toolbars NOT NEW TOOLBARS
11. Avoid alledged Registry Fix Tools? OK I DO IT

AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS IN NORMAL MODE not in secure net mode

AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS IN NORMAL MODE not in secure net mode

more please?

Back