Windows 10 WallpaperWebPage

baylord2000

I recently installed WallpaperWebPage, by common suggestion. Because I did not like the look, I uninstalled it. However, my wallpaper is stuck as the url. Can I fix this without using a restore point?

Solution
To resolve the issue of your wallpaper being stuck as the URL after uninstalling WallpaperWebPage without resorting to a system restore point, you can try the following steps:
  1. Change Wallpaper Settings:
    • Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    • Choose a different picture or solid color as your wallpaper to override the URL setting.
    []Reset the Wallpaper via Control Panel:
    • Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type control desk.cpl,,@desktop and hit Enter to open the Desktop Background settings.
    • Select a different background or click Clear to remove the currently set wallpaper.
    [
    ]Activate Slideshow Mode:
    • Another...
To resolve the issue of your wallpaper being stuck as the URL after uninstalling WallpaperWebPage without resorting to a system restore point, you can try the following steps:
  1. Change Wallpaper Settings:
    • Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    • Choose a different picture or solid color as your wallpaper to override the URL setting.
    []Reset the Wallpaper via Control Panel:
    • Type control desk.cpl,,@desktop and hit Enter to open the Desktop Background settings.
    • Select a different background or click Clear to remove the currently set wallpaper.
    [
    ]Activate Slideshow Mode:
    • Another way to override the static URL wallpaper is to set your wallpaper to slideshow mode.
    • Go to Personalize > Background > Slideshow and choose a folder with images to rotate as your wallpaper.
  2. Edit Registry (Advanced Method - Caution):
    • Type regedit and click OK.
    • Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
    • Look for the Wallpaper entry in the right pane and double-click it.
    • Remove the URL entry and replace it with a valid wallpaper path (e.g., %SystemRoot%\web\wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg).
    • Close the Registry Editor and check if the wallpaper has been reset. By following these steps, you should be able to change your wallpaper back to a standard setting without needing to rely on a system restore point. Just ensure that you're cautious while editing the registry, as changes to this area can impact system functionality if done incorrectly.

Solution