Windows 7 Warcraft frozen throne and RoC help

jeozerkz

ok guys..i just installed my windows vista home premium laptop to windows 7 ultimate last night..and i was very excited to use..lol

here is my problem..
i just installed warcraft 3 frozen throne and RoC from my Disc ( original )
installed fine...BUT when i try to run the game..it doesnt fit on my screen on my laptop... i change the resolution still it didnt change the screen..it wont fit at all...it has 2 black side bars on the side.. i hate it...

i already change to run as admin, compatability vista sp1sp2, xp, etc all of it...i even try to change the reswidth and resheight in the regeditor.....my frozen throne still doesnt fit on my screen...

please help mee...i enjoy using windows 7 ..but just 1 problem on it..please help..
( sorry for my english im new..i am pinoy...) thanks

Hi jeozerkz,
have you tried updating your graphics driver?

hey dudes! Windows 7 are awesome!This software is just perfect!

I have the same problem with you in frozen throne...these f***ing bars!!!!the screen works at 4:3 aspect radio!

I think that drivers are ok! please help us guys!!!

@kemical yes i update all my drivers...

UPDATE* i finally fixed my problem.. i edit the reswidth and reheight in regedit...i change the resoulution there...and it worked!!!...my frozen throne is full screen now.. hehehe

@kemical yes i update all my drivers...

UPDATE* i finally fixed my problem.. i edit the reswidth and reheight in regedit...i change the resoulution there...and it worked!!!...my frozen throne is full screen now.. hehehe

nice one! plz tell me exactly what you did!

here is what u gonna do...

click start, click run, type regedit
in REGEDIT folder, click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/Video

in video u can edit the resheight and reswidth..
right click on the resheight then modify..then click the decimal..in that part u can change ur resolution there...

i dont know what kind of monitor u have soo u can just try evry resolution that works for u...

for me i have 21 inch monitor so my resheight is 1200 and my reswidth is 1600...

I just installed windows 7 professional and the drivers on my laptop. But i have a problem will trying play frozen throne. It stucks while launching... and then nothing, it doesnt respond.
Can anyone help me please?

windows7 wc3 problem

Hi. I have searched aronud for this a while now but havent found a solution that works.
The problem i got is that the game turns itself down right after it have finished the first media in the game.
like when you start the game it shows this short movie thing, afther that is finished the game just turns away, terminates itself, no error or nothing.

I have tested to reinstall the game a few times but same problem. I had no problems running the game on windows xp. uppdated my graphiccard driver to the latest, tested to run it in compabilitymod for both xp and win98, same thing happends there.

Anyone knows a solution to this problem? i want to play this game again with my friends.

Hmm... Are all your other drivers up to date? These are often neglected but are just as important as graphics as well as system bios too...

as far as i know yes, got auto uppdate on the operation system, graphic driver up to date, duno what other driver it would be to uppdate.
notice. I run all other games fine. HL1 games HL2 games, killing floor, crysis, ace online, ashen empires, GTA4, Dragon Age, Stalker, Team fortress 2/1 warhammer down of war2 left 4 dead 1 and 2. just to mention some.

Only other game i had problem with on windows 7 is Age of empires 2 the conquers, the colors got mixed up and looks a bit shitty after i changed to windows 7. (my friends had the same problem), anyways that game i can start and play, just the colors that are a bit annoying.
if you have a solution for that problem, please tell:)

What's your system set up? Please list your make and model of machine..

What's your system set up? Please list your make and model of machine..

Gaming Rig

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: E8400 @ 3.0GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 PC8500
Hard Drive: 2x320GB Raid 0 + 2x500GB Raid 0
Video Card: XFX GeForce 8800 GT 1GB 650/1625/1900
Monitor: MultiSync FE950+
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio - 8 Channels ALC889A Audio controller
Speakers/Headphones: Creative HS-900
Keyboard: Compaq normal keyboard with splited spacebar
Mouse: Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
Mouse Surface: IKEA fabric
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS4
Computer Case: AplusCase XClio 2

Any additional information you need?

Hi, i just checked and i got version F14C it says.
And it says the latest version is F14, so it should be up to date.
Also i dont know how good it would be to uppdate my bios when useing raid 0, might screw something up?

I want my game to work:/

Hmm...ok.. Thanks for checking.. Have you tried running the game in 'safe-mode'? If it runs then you know you got a driver problem somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom