Windows 7 websites avail on startup for first minute only - Win7

dtiworld

Suddenly, (like yesterday), after I get my homepage, I can bring up Google ok, maybe Yahoo -- maybe evn log into mail server and get mail -- then nothing.
"Can't find website". System shows that I still have Internet connection, but it can't connect to anything??
Luckily I still have old XP laptop that I'm using now and it works fine -- so not a connection problem.
What more can I tell you.
Please HELP!!

Suddenly, (like yesterday), after I get my homepage, I can bring up Google ok, maybe Yahoo -- maybe evn log into mail server and get mail -- then nothing.
"Can't find website". System shows that I still have Internet connection, but it can't connect to anything??
Luckily I still have old XP laptop that I'm using now and it works fine -- so not a connection problem.
What more can I tell you.
Please HELP!!
If this is a recent problem, perhaps you may have choosen to download and install a driver update, from somewhere, maybe Windows Update? If so open device manager, expand network adapters, select and then right click on the problem adapter, go to the drivers tab and try rolling back the driver, see if that helps.

Thanks, gave it a try with rolling back the driver, but no difference. Is there anything else that an auto update may have stuffed? I definitely haven't made any changes to the system, but don't know if thre were any auto updates. Using it yesterday afternoon all ok. Then in the evening I couldn't get into any sites. Thought it was an ISP problem. This morning my sites came up ok at first, but then evry link I tried just gave me "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". I closed down and powered on again, got my homepage, then nothing.

Thanks, gave it a try with rolling back the driver, but no difference. Is there anything else that an auto update may have stuffed? I definitely haven't made any changes to the system, but don't know if thre were any auto updates. Using it yesterday afternoon all ok. Then in the evening I couldn't get into any sites. Thought it was an ISP problem. This morning my sites came up ok at first, but then evry link I tried just gave me "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". I closed down and powered on again, got my homepage, then nothing.
Sorry that didn't help. First type services.msc in the search box or run dialog box, maximize and check for something like this ##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762##,if it's there (should be near the top) double click at set it to disabled and stop. Same thing with Bonjour if it's there and reboot computer. Failing this perhaps a system restore, to a restore point prior to the date and time that the problem began. Keep us posted.

Fixed!! -- by itself!?

Sorry that didn't help. First type services.msc in the search box or run dialog box, maximize and check for something like this ##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762##,if it's there (should be near the top) double click at set it to disabled and stop. Same thing with Bonjour if it's there and reboot computer. Failing this perhaps a system restore, to a restore point prior to the date and time that the problem began. Keep us posted.

Hey thanks for your help - & sorry for delay, I wanted to make sure it was really ok. But it's still a mystery.
The night before I got your suggestion, there was a really bad electrical storm here, so I unplugged the modem & router and left them off all night. Next morning I direct-connected (rather than wireless) but got the result I expected - sites came up and then died. Then I connected wirelessly with same result.
I went online with my XP machine, got your email, tried your suggestion with Services, but couldn't find anything like the above.
While still connected on XP, I tried one last time on Win7, before looking at a rollback -- and it just worked?!
And it's worked ok ever since??!
Really puzzling - but working! So, thanks again!

Glad, the problem has resolved itself, sure would be nice to know what it was but, I guess you can't always get what you want. So thanks for posting back and letting us know that you're up and running.

Back