Windows 10 Weird mouse problem

duderinoman

new mouse that i bought has this weird problem. When doing small movements with my mouse on screen the pointer moves really fast but doing normal mouse movements slows down the pointer to normal speed. Anyone have a fix?

Solution
Can you check the sensor on the bottom of the mouse (were the light is) for any debris such as hair. That can confuse the tracking and cause the mouse to jump erratically on screen. Also using the mouse on a solid colored surface can screw up the tracking.
Does the new mouse come with a software suite or is it just a normal run of the mill mouse? If so you can still make some changes by opening the Control panel followed by Hardware and Sound then under Devices and printers click mouse.

Does the new mouse come with a software suite or is it just a normal run of the mill mouse? If so you can still make some changes by opening the Control panel followed by Hardware and Sound then under Devices and printers click mouse.
What do i do after that?

Play with some of the settings see if it helps any?

You could also try plugging the mouse into a different usb or even trying the PS/2 port if you have a connector.

If you feel the mouse isn't working correctly try Microsofts troubleshooting guide:
Link Removed

Can you check the sensor on the bottom of the mouse (were the light is) for any debris such as hair. That can confuse the tracking and cause the mouse to jump erratically on screen. Also using the mouse on a solid colored surface can screw up the tracking.

Solution
The mouse is brand new. I'll still check it though Im using it on a mousepad a clean mouse pad

Have you tried contacting the place you bought the mouse from?

Maybe they will exchange it?