Windows 7 Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums

Re: Windows 7

Do a system restore... Ha Ha (Here's the table of contents from that book I told you about..)

As I mentioned, system restore wasn't an option. Anyhow it's all fixed and running kinda awesome....:cool:

do you have a link for the book?

As I mentioned, system restore wasn't an option. Anyhow it's all fixed and running kinda awesome....:cool:

do you have a link for the book?
I'm glad you managed to get things fixed. An option might have been to download a new system restore from manufacturer. I'll check about the book..

Because of the EU monopoly laws Windows 7 will not include a browser in the Euro version.

Europe to get Windows 7 sans browser | Beyond Binary - CNET News

I find this absolutely incredible that because of some prat (sorry Euro MP) in Belgium (who's probably being paid by Apple) they won't be including the browser. So does this mean that all euro versions of Snow Leopard will not include a browser or all Euro Linux versions? I think not.
I know it's easy to bash MS simply because they are the biggest of the bunch but actually cutting out features which one could consider necessary is idiotic.
So when I get my grubby mits on a new copy of 7 Ultimate in the Autumn i'll have ensure that I've downloaded a copy of IE8 or similar just to get online.... How is this saving the day for consumerism?

The RC is available for download now if you'd like to try it.. As for Paul Thurrott's site, yup it can be handy for info at times..

Yup, that will be around June 1st but the actual release for the finished version is scheduled for this Autumn.. I'll be grabbing a copy then. These last few builds have been faster and more bug free. In fact this latest one runs like a dream and I've yet to find a fault.
I'm glad I tried vista and indeed liked the os in the main. It just had a tendancy to go a little haywire at times especially after the os had been installed for a while. To be honest I'm glad to see the back of it and 7 cannot get here fast enough.

Microsoft has announced that there is a heavily discounted price available for Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional Upgrade Editions for US residents who pre-order before 11 July 2009. The pre-order is now officially open, however some things to note:

These are upgrade editions, which means you need to own a qualifying full version of XP or Vista to install them.
Every Windows 7 retail box - except Home Basic - comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit install discs.
Vista users can do a clean install or in-place upgrade, while XP users can only do a clean install.
If you want to upgrade from a 32-bit version of XP or Vista to a 64-bit version of Windows 7, you need to choose the electronic purchase option and select the x64 download, then burn it to disc and do a clean install.

Update: The offer is also open to Canadian, UK and Japanese residents via participating retailers as detailed here.

That's not bad $ 65.00 for upgrade and disc. What about my manufacturer HP crap? How will restore go after upgrade. Can I use this on multiple computers?

That's not bad $ 65.00 for upgrade and disc. What about my manufacturer HP crap? How will restore go after upgrade. Can I use this on multiple computers?

Now,now Celestra you should know by now that it's one disk=one pc......:tongue:

Another build leaked.... This time it's a retail version with build number 7264

Hopefully it will be a bit smother to run out of the box than say vista, and we dont get what happend with Windows ME, were the beta's were better than the final product :eek:

Well so far it seems very quick apart from some GUI problems in the start menu. It's been there from the first betas and has got better but can still be a pain. The only problem folder really is 'Games' and only when your trying to slip another folder inside like when your tidying the start menu. It can take like forever to open but it does eventually and I have to admit is my only gripe about 7.

Microsoft executioners have started the expiration process for the beta version of its Windows 7 operating system.

Beginning today, users that are still running the trial version of the company's next OS will see it shut down every two hours. The big idea is to shift early adopters to move to Windows 7 Release Candidate, a more polished preview version of Vista's successor.

Windows 7 RC will function until June 1, 2010. After that, users will need to upgrade to a full, paid version of the operating system to continue use. Microsoft plans to ship a final version of Windows 7 on October 22.

Well, It looks like the $49.00 special pre-order price for Windows 7 is off...... wasn't that supposed to last to the begining of August ? I was looking at some deals at New Egg. A Western Digital Hard Drive with a 5 year Warranty- 5 star rating $ 69.00.
(Get it with a warranty!) HP has a low monthly payment plan..... I like that.

Back