Windows 7 What AntiVirus Should i install?

Kash2Smash

Hey guys,

My laptop:
Sony- E Series
Win7/ 64-Bit / i3 processor/ 4GB/ Hard Disk: 500 GB

Current anti-virus: Microsoft Essentials

I dont know which anti-virus to use. Everything for my pc was fine however yesterday i received: Win32/Cycbot.B, and MSE cant do much

Can you please advice me what to do?!?!?!

Also, what anti-virus should i use?
It would be nice if you guys could suggest me free anti-viruses but if there is any anti-virus which needs payment but is very good, do tell me :)

thanks a lot guys,
Kashish

Joe S

Excellent Member
I would definitely avoid AVG. They recently released an update that trashed a lot of peoples PC on reboot. It's also frequently named as a problem in Crash Dumps. I use Avast free Comodo only the firewall and Webroot Soy Sweeper.
Joe

Kash2Smash

oh u mean webroot spy sweeper, i had it, when i got my pc for sometime, but yeh i think i should renew it.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Recently I got a virus whilst using MSE which is the first time in getting a virus for some number of years.. Perhaps I was just really unlucky as I was using a beta version at the time?...
I've now switched to using Avast and Malwarebytes.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi Kash,
glad to be of help.. Please let us know how things go...

Kash2Smash

well, i called in this technician,
he told me to get kaspersky internet security 2010, i bought it and got it updated to 2011.
it found some, god rid of the virus, but windows defender still kept on showing the virus. i then got malwarebytes free version. scanned and got rid. but then eventually, i ended up formating my pc... lol. i learned my lesson :)

thnks for helping me out guys.