Windows 7 What AntiVirus Should i install?

Kash2Smash

Hey guys,

My laptop:
Sony- E Series
Win7/ 64-Bit / i3 processor/ 4GB/ Hard Disk: 500 GB

Current anti-virus: Microsoft Essentials

I dont know which anti-virus to use. Everything for my pc was fine however yesterday i received: Win32/Cycbot.B, and MSE cant do much

Can you please advice me what to do?!?!?!

Also, what anti-virus should i use?
It would be nice if you guys could suggest me free anti-viruses but if there is any anti-virus which needs payment but is very good, do tell me :)

thanks a lot guys,
Kashish

I would definitely avoid AVG. They recently released an update that trashed a lot of peoples PC on reboot. It's also frequently named as a problem in Crash Dumps. I use Avast free Comodo only the firewall and Webroot Soy Sweeper.
Joe

oh u mean webroot spy sweeper, i had it, when i got my pc for sometime, but yeh i think i should renew it.

Recently I got a virus whilst using MSE which is the first time in getting a virus for some number of years.. Perhaps I was just really unlucky as I was using a beta version at the time?...
I've now switched to using Avast and Malwarebytes.

Hi Kash,
glad to be of help.. Please let us know how things go...

well, i called in this technician,
he told me to get kaspersky internet security 2010, i bought it and got it updated to 2011.
it found some, god rid of the virus, but windows defender still kept on showing the virus. i then got malwarebytes free version. scanned and got rid. but then eventually, i ended up formating my pc... lol. i learned my lesson :)

thnks for helping me out guys.

Back