What Brands Of Monitors Are Good

EDLIU

I'm planning to get myself a "27 inch or 32 inch" monitor(Full HD 1080p). Basically for daily uses.

I've checked brands like "LG, HP, DELL, SAMSUNG, and VIEWSONIC".

Which brand has the best quality?

What about ViewSonic? They used to be pretty good, but some said that they're not as good as before because of the declining sales.

BTW, should I get a "curved" display if I'm looking for a 27 inch monitor? What about 32 inch monitor?

Thanks in advacnce.

Ed

What are you using the monitor for? Suggestions from people might vary widely depending if your doing casual web browsing, office use, or gaming. Also you might want to let us know what your budget for a monitor is.

All the brands listed are good brands. Dell has some pretty high quality monitors. I've always used Samsung personally. Good quality for the price and they last forever.

I have a $500 HP 24" HD monitor that I bought back in 2009 or so; and I love mine!! I like all the brands mentioned, but I still have a deep love of Viewsonic as they were one of the premiere CRT manufacturers for many years along with the NEC monitors.

Good luck with whichever brand you go with.:encouragement: :D Sorry, I have no experience with the new curved monitors as yet.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi,

I use the computer mainly for web browsing and watching videos(only 1080p).

So brands like DELL, SAMSUNG, and VIEWSONIC, are Dell monitors more "high quality and expensive"? What about Samsung? I've checked ViewSonic's website, and they have a 27 inch monitor which seems okay. But are ViewSonic monitors still as good as they were?

One more question, what's the main selection of monitor sizes this year? I know that 27 inch monitors have been very popular for the past few years. But people seem like starting to buy 32 inch monitors.

Thanks.

Ed

27" have really come down in price used to be $300-700 and now they run $200-300. 31-32" are around $750, so depends what you want to spend.

I'm planning to get myself a "27 inch or 32 inch" monitor(Full HD 1080p). Basically for daily uses.

Ed

I have 3 monitors, 2 ASUS and one Acer touchscreen.

I love my 27" Asus. I jus got it about 2 months ago and it has a clear, sharp display and great specs for both general text use and gaming. Of course, for gaming there are better. But for the price, it's a great bargain.

In fact, I'm thinking about getting another one and yesterday I saw it was on sale at Newegg until the 19th. Here's the link. UPDATE: It was $159 but it is now $199. You probably can find a better offer somewhere else.

ASUS VC279H Slim Bezel Black 27" 5ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS , 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers-Newegg.com

Last edited:
Hi,

I found two Dell monitors from their website that seem to be okay.

Dell SE2717H & Dell P2717H.

Which one would you prefer?

Thanks.

Ed

Ok, here some insider info for you. Yes, Viewsonics are still every bit as good as they used to be. For the last 10 years or more, there is one company in Japan that makes the displays for all brands of job end monitors. They are now used by Viewsonic, Dell, HP, Samsung, LG, etc. Then those companies private label the bezel, and charge hundreds more than they cost to manufacture. Main factories that assemble these are all over the world, but now mostly in China, India, Japan, and Mexico.

Sent from my VS986 using Windows Forums mobile app

It's probably more a matter of personal taste, since they both use displays made by the same company as I mentioned before. Think of it like buying TVs. You go into a large electronics store such as Best Buy or Walmart and there are 100 TVs on the wall all playing the same DVD movie or TV channel--how do you pick? If you haven't read the Consumer Reports reviews, you only are going to go by visual comparison. That's pretty much how I picked my TVs. I don't see many Samsung monitors here where I live, as it's a mountain resort town and pretty low-tech. I've had much more experience with Dell monitors, and I have like 8 or 9 of them. I would suggest that you go visit a retail electronics or computer store (the bigger the store the better) where they have both brands, and you can do the visual comparison. If it was me, I'd go with the Dell.

Good luck,:encouragement:
BBJ

Hi,

Should I get a 1080p or 1440p monitor?

I'm going to use the display mainly for web surfing and video watching.

Thanks.

Ed

Hi,

I googled for the 1440p monitors prices. And someone posted that:

" $300-400 gets you a low grade 1440p monitor".

So, should I get a 27 inch, 1080p Dell monitor at the price of $249, or a 27 inch, 1440p monitor? But I don't want to spend too much money on the display.

Thanks.

Ed

I think you should wait and keep an eye on Cyber monday deals (Newegg would be a good bet) and snag yourself the best bang for your buck.

Hi,

Thanks. But should I get a 1080p or 1440p monitor? For a 1440p(27") display, what's the reasonable price range?

Thanks again.

Ed

1440P if you can swing it. It depends on what you do with your pc, though. Do you play games a lot? Do you watch a lot of videos, movies, Netflix, etc.?
If no, I'd wait another year for a 1440P for the prices to drop further.

Back