Windows 10 what exactly is win 10 version 19033.1 anyway ?

In a nutshell - nowhere.
It is an insider preview for what is alleged as the next Microsoft Windows 10. In fact, IMHO, there is so little fundamental change, that it could more easily come as a regular update to the OS we are currently using. But MS have to keep up the attitude that things are always improving and development is constantly taking place.
Hopefully, rumour suggests that we will shortly be able to choose whether or not we want more updates. I am totally satisfied with my OS, as is, and will be opting out.

Well it is Build 19033.1 on the fast and slow ring of the Insider Preview. It is actually version 2004 of Windows 10 (examples: 1903, 1909). Windows 10 feature updates are usually two a year. This would be the first feature update of 2020. It likely isn't the last test build of it. But after this they are probably putting fast ring Insiders on 21H1 development builds for what comes after 20H1 (Version 2004). Hope that clears things up.

More info here: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19033 | Windows Experience Blog

Well it is Build 19033.1 on the fast and slow ring of the Insider Preview. It is actually version 2004 of Windows 10 (examples: 1903, 1909). Windows 10 feature updates are usually two a year. This would be the first feature update of 2020. It likely isn't the last test build of it. But after this they are probably putting fast ring Insiders on 21H1 development builds for what comes after 20H1 (Version 2004). Hope that clears things up.

More info here: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19033 | Windows Experience Blog
thanx ! that was exactly what i was wondering about...

Windows Insider 19035.1 is now out:

DECEMBER 4, 2019 12:03 PM
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19035
By Brandon LeBlanc / Senior Program Manager, Windows Insider Program
UPDATE: We have also released Cumulative Update Build 19035.1000 (KB4533028) today that includes no new changes but helps us test our servicing pipeline for 20H1.
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19035 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in BOTH the Fast ring and Slow rings.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle.
NOTE: We are looking to begin releasing new builds from our development branch *very soon*. This means we will be releasing builds to Insiders in the Fast ring from the RS_PRERELEASE development branch again instead of the VB_RELEASE branch. This also means the desktop watermark will be returning with these builds. As is normal with pre-release builds, these builds may contain bugs and be less stable. Now is the time to check your Windows Insider Settings and switch to the Slow ring before if you wish to remain on 20H1.
For Insiders in the Fast ring who have selected to stop getting Insider Preview builds when the next major release of Windows 10 is available under
Windows Insider Settings, we will be moving you to the Slow ring as part of honoring this setting. You will remain here until 20H1 is finalized. This only applies to Insiders in the Fast ring who selected this.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
  • We’ve completed the experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. Devices that were involved in the experiment will no longer see the Optional Updates link under Settings > Windows Update. This also resolves an issue where after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. Thanks to the Insiders who have provided feedback on this feature.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in fingerprint (if enabled) sometimes unexpectedly not being offered as a sign-in option after waking your device from sleep.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps not launching the first time you tried after resetting the app via Settings.
  • Thank you for all the feedback you provided on the Store version of Notepad. At this time, we’ve decided not to roll this out to customers. Insiders may notice some changes as we remove this change from this build:
    • If you pinned Notepad to your Taskbar or Start menu, you will need to re-pin after you upgrade to this new build.
    • If you had certain file types set to open in Notepad by default, you will see a prompt when you try to open files of that type again and will need to re-select Notepad.
Known issues
  • BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
  • Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you are experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
  • We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
  • We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
  • We’ve received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on SSD devices.
Continuing our #WIPTurns5 celebrations
In honor of the Windows Insider Program turning 5 this year, we’ll be celebrating with a special holiday treat! Join us on Twitter this month for #25DaysOfWIP to learn about some of the many features & changes your feedback has helped drive in #Windows. And don’t forget to tell us your favorites!
2020 Grammy Awards Nominees
Have you heard? The 2020 Grammy nominees are here! To prepare for the Awards ceremony scheduled for January 2020, check out our Grammy nominees carousel on Bing. Our carousel highlights all nominees, categories and additional information for each artist.
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.
Thanks,
BLB

According to winver I have 1903. Why not 1909 ? I keep everything up to date.
Update. Just downloaded an optional update and now I am up to date - 1909 build 18363.476 :) Nice word, update....
Would you guys recommend joining Insider ? Any downsides ?

Last edited:
Unless you are prepared to perform a few reinstalls, or, better, have a dedicated computer for insiders, the choice is yours.
Microsoft frequently warn users that the insider releases may not be bug free, and can cause problems, such as black screens or even failed installs, very much according to your hardware.
I started early, for example, with an old Acer laptop. A few builds ago, the Acer had numerous problems , particularly with graphics, so I decided to bail out. I would suggest that you do need a reasonably newish computer.

As I said in my earlier post, you are not likely to see any earth shattering changes as you progress from one build to another. The good side is that it does enable you to have a pre view as to whether your computer is going to run satisfactorily for you, when the new Microsoft OS is finally released to the public

According to winver I have 1903. Why not 1909 ? I keep everything up to date.
Update. Just downloaded an optional update and now I am up to date - 1909 build 18363.476 :) Nice word, update....
Would you guys recommend joining Insider ? Any downsides ?
i have an older hp i maxed out with 16 gb ram and a nice ssd . since then i have been on the slow ring and love it. the only irritant is that the upgrades sometimes make their presence known at inconvienent times, but since you can schedule the restarts for later, thats a minor issue. it's your own choice to join the insider program. you are the only one who truly knows your system lol

Thanks Dave. I have a newish (homebuilt) machine of reasonable spec but I think I'll steer clear. I like my systems to work out-of-the-box. Not that waiting for the main release is any guarantee of that !!!

Rapaaja. I nearly understood your reply. I am not part of the insider program, slow or fast but my ring is clean ! Ha ha ha :) Updates are bang up-to-date and always will be. Thanks.

Back