Windows 10 what exactly is win 10 version 19033.1 anyway ?

In a nutshell - nowhere.
It is an insider preview for what is alleged as the next Microsoft Windows 10. In fact, IMHO, there is so little fundamental change, that it could more easily come as a regular update to the OS we are currently using. But MS have to keep up the attitude that things are always improving and development is constantly taking place.
Hopefully, rumour suggests that we will shortly be able to choose whether or not we want more updates. I am totally satisfied with my OS, as is, and will be opting out.

Well it is Build 19033.1 on the fast and slow ring of the Insider Preview. It is actually version 2004 of Windows 10 (examples: 1903, 1909). Windows 10 feature updates are usually two a year. This would be the first feature update of 2020. It likely isn't the last test build of it. But after this they are probably putting fast ring Insiders on 21H1 development builds for what comes after 20H1 (Version 2004). Hope that clears things up.

More info here: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19033 | Windows Experience Blog

thanx ! that was exactly what i was wondering about...

Windows Insider 19035.1 is now out:

According to winver I have 1903. Why not 1909 ? I keep everything up to date.
Update. Just downloaded an optional update and now I am up to date - 1909 build 18363.476 Nice word, update....
Would you guys recommend joining Insider ? Any downsides ?

Last edited:
Unless you are prepared to perform a few reinstalls, or, better, have a dedicated computer for insiders, the choice is yours.
Microsoft frequently warn users that the insider releases may not be bug free, and can cause problems, such as black screens or even failed installs, very much according to your hardware.
I started early, for example, with an old Acer laptop. A few builds ago, the Acer had numerous problems , particularly with graphics, so I decided to bail out. I would suggest that you do need a reasonably newish computer.

As I said in my earlier post, you are not likely to see any earth shattering changes as you progress from one build to another. The good side is that it does enable you to have a pre view as to whether your computer is going to run satisfactorily for you, when the new Microsoft OS is finally released to the public

According to winver I have 1903. Why not 1909 ? I keep everything up to date.
Update. Just downloaded an optional update and now I am up to date - 1909 build 18363.476 Nice word, update....
Would you guys recommend joining Insider ? Any downsides ?
i have an older hp i maxed out with 16 gb ram and a nice ssd . since then i have been on the slow ring and love it. the only irritant is that the upgrades sometimes make their presence known at inconvienent times, but since you can schedule the restarts for later, thats a minor issue. it's your own choice to join the insider program. you are the only one who truly knows your system lol

Thanks Dave. I have a newish (homebuilt) machine of reasonable spec but I think I'll steer clear. I like my systems to work out-of-the-box. Not that waiting for the main release is any guarantee of that !!!

Rapaaja. I nearly understood your reply. I am not part of the insider program, slow or fast but my ring is clean ! Ha ha ha Updates are bang up-to-date and always will be. Thanks.