Windows 7 What to install on HP 520 after installing windows 7

bonghernz

May you guys enlighten me on what to install on HP 520 after installing windows 7.

i installed hp quick launch buttons coz something appears on my device manager.

but there is always annoying message in my start up.

is there an hp quick launch buttons driver that is compatible with windows 7?

and again after installing some apps and drivers it brought me to a test mode message in the lower right part
of my desktop.

Hi Bonghernz,
windows update is always a good place to start if your really stumped but I would suggest trying you laptop makers website and look for vista drivers (I very much doubt any 7 drivers will be available yet).
Also what appears in the device manager?
Lastly what is the annoying message on start up?

You can search for drivers here; Link Removed - Invalid URL

the annoying message says "do you want to start hp quick launch buttons",
there's an option to run or to quit or something else.

does this has something to do with the test mode issue?

im using vista drivers of course

What do you normally do? Quit it or run it through? If you've got all the drivers you need why not just un-install it?

Hi, thanks for the last reply.. I found this guide on HP quick launch and it may offer the advice you need:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hi, thanks for the last reply.. I found this guide on HP quick launch and it may offer the advice you need:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

ok sir i now perform a clean install..

but again unknown device appeared on my device manager and seems quick launch buttons software will remove this unknown device..

i will not install quick launch buttons for now.
til i found a driver on this unknown device without the quick launch buttons software/driver

thanks again sir.

Could you post a screenshot of your device manager as that may help me work out whats missing..

Back