Windows 7 What will happen to my Windows Mail?

2ndwindranch

I know Windows Mail will not be available in Win 7 and Win Live is there for me to use, however, I'm planning on doing a clean install anyway, and probably moving to OpenOffice mail, if not that, I'll use Win Live.

Can anyone tell me what I need to backup or export so I can successfully import to the new mail program? Can anyone share their own experiences?

Thanks!
Tracey

I use Mozilla's open source Thunderbird. Very similar to Outlook Express and Windows Mail.

You can down;load it here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I know Windows Mail will not be available in Win 7 and Win Live is there for me to use, however, I'm planning on doing a clean install anyway, and probably moving to OpenOffice mail, if not that, I'll use Win Live.

Can anyone tell me what I need to backup or export so I can successfully import to the new mail program? Can anyone share their own experiences?

Thanks!
Tracey

I found it to be too much trouble to back up my email so i just sent a bunch of important emails to my gmail account.. now they are available from anywhere. There were a few i just sent to a folder as text and backed up that folder.. when i click on them they load like regular emial.

If you have a lot of important stuff you may want to get a new hard drive and install to it and just keep your old drive till you are sure you have everything you want.... then you can format it and use it as a backup.

I created a "MailBox" on a separate partition and hard disk. Whenever I reinstall, or replace my image, I point my Live mail to that (in Maintenance) as my storage foldr. It reloads all of the existing old mail and folders automatically.

Back