Windows 7 What wireless card are you using on win7 64bit, whats your results.

Well I would give you nothing cos you are rude . Thanks for giving me a idea about how you think . Have a nice day :D

I think, perhaps, cmn would be a little too sensitive to find "you aren
't really helping at all. ...etc" rude. Maybe a little pointed, but it was a fair straightforward question, which resulted in quite a long complicated reply. Perhaps, in turn, reaper could have considered the "lecture" also rude.? You can give me a demerit point for that - lol.

But, more to the thread. Reaper. I am using a high spec, but three year old, Laptop for Beta testing . It has a built in Marvell 888E8055) Ethernet and a Intel 3945ABG. Both, used alternately, work 100% in the 64Bit and 32Bit versions of Windows 7. Both were installed automatically on installaion, and I have received automatic updates for the Yukon on two occasions. I have since disabled the YUkon. I have a tendency to accept what I find, if they work, so cannot help beyond that, other than I work through a Linksys router, also old .

D-Link DWA-130

After having no luck at all with a Neatgear WG311v3 (no acceptable drivers), I picked up a D-Link DWA-130-SW (wireless N USB adapter).
I plugged it in w/o installing any of the included software, let Windows find/update the drivers, works just fine.
I'm a little skeptical about the signal strength, sometimes is low but so far I'm pleased with this device.

I'm running win 7 build 7100 x64 on an hp s3301f slimline. It has a built in wireless usb adaptor with no real identification. It just says USB Wireless 802.11 b/g Adaptor. From research in the past everything told me that it was actually a Lite-On adaptor. It does work though, however I've disabled it because it wasn't the greatest at picking up signals. I'm currently using a Linksys WUSB600N Wireless N USB Network Adaptor with Dual Band ver. 2 with a Linksys WRT110 wireless router. My LAN adaptor is a Nvidia nForce which is bridged to the WUSB600N wireless adaptor. Everything works near perfectly except one issue which I 'm hesitant to post because I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, so I will start a new thread in the Networking threads. Overall the setup I described works 100%, the issue is more of a vanity thing. I hope this helps in terms of contribution,

I dont have that result. When I wake up from standby I have to reconnect to my network. Do you have that problem?
I'm running Win 7 Build 7100 x64. I've been able to use the WG111v2 without any difficulty whatsoever. The installer available from the Netgear support site works just fine.

I am having absolutely no luck with a Billion 3010n 11n USB adapater however. I've tried the latest Billion drivers and the Ralink RT2870 ones. both of which state Vista 64-bit support. I've only been able to test the adapater (successfully) on other 32-bit XP/Vista systems.

chipset in Encore ENPWI-N laptop card?

Going to install RC on my fiance's laptop (currently XP Home SP3). Her wireless N card in an Encore ENPWI-N. In XP device manager/properties all it says is Ralink but doesn't tell which chipset. I have a link to newer drivers but need to know which chipset the card uses. Thanks.

Sam

Back