Windows 8 What's your favourite Store app

Re: What's your favourite Store app and Windows 8

There are many good new apps coming out now and I want to try more of them. Evernote is one I have yet to try but, it appears it would make a lot of sense for me to use it, on a daily basis. I am still curious as to why the Windows app store appears or does not have a search? It seems that would make a lot of sense. Oh well, maybe someday soon.

Yes, no question some can be very useful. Many people find certain apps have terrific uses for their work or jobs. Some companies have built specific APPs that are of great use & help to their particular needs.

APPs can be a lot more than just entertainment or such.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg.1

I think your preaching to the converted Drew.. ;)

Was really just commenting more than any kind of preaching. But, yeah, guess we are rather singing to the choir, @ this point, eh? :)

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg.1

kidnle reader app is the best one when it comes about the windows8 working . it is quick hassle free and best to use up.

Are you guys running these apps on a phone, tablet or PC (laptop or desktop)? I've only used Win 8.x on desktops and laptops and every app I've installed and tried from the store has been uninstalled within a short time. I even went thru the Start screen and uninstalled every "Modern" app. For the most part, "modern" apps are extremely lacking in functionality. Compare the Netflix app from the store with the Netflix website interface. The app is OK for running on a phone or tablet but the website interface is much better on a device with a large screen, mouse and keyboard.

I have an Android phone and tablet and have the Netflix app on both of those. The app there is easier to use due to the smaller screen and no mouse/keyboard but doesn't compare to the functionality of the website interface.

Back
Top Bottom