Windows 10 whea uncorrectable error

nmsuk , Winver is this what you want

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 469
I have tried to burn another dvd this time I got a blue screen with the code Clock - Watchdog - Timeout , there has to be something very serious with this computer .

The wondershare dvd creator I use to burn dvds is working alright again , I re-installed another version . The first 2 dvds I tried to burn failed , then it burnt 3 in a row , so it should be ok for now . I don't have anything else to burn blu-rays on .

In my experience Whea errors such as this and Watchdog timers both point to overclocking issues. Either CPU or GPU, if possible I would reset your BIOS to defaults (only if you know what your doing), and test your memory. If memory serves me right in one instance of seeing this error the CPU had to be re-seated. I suppose it could also be motherboard related, god only knows :D

I went over your dump files again checking the cpu and it may have an issue with the internal timer (look under section 2):
Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ ffff998a03af0028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id     : 01d3e85f5eefe393
Severity      : Fatal (1)
Length        : 928
Creator       : Microsoft
Notify Type   : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp     : 5/10/2018 15:42:42 (UTC)
Flags         : 0x00000000

Section 0     : Processor Generic
Descriptor    @ ffff998a03af00a8
Section       @ ffff998a03af0180
Offset        : 344
Length        : 192
Flags         : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity      : Fatal

Proc. Type    : x86/x64
Instr. Set    : x64
Error Type    : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags         : 0x00
CPU Version   : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000003

Section 1     : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor    @ ffff998a03af00f0
Section       @ ffff998a03af0240
Offset        : 536
Length        : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000003
CPU Id        : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 03 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
                00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0  @ ffff998a03af0240

Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor    @ ffff998a03af0138
Section       @ ffff998a03af02c0
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264

Error         : Internal timer (Proc 3 Bank 4)
  Status      : 0xbe00000000800400
  Address     : 0x0000000006969014
  Misc.       : 0x0000000006969014

If you have ever overclocked make sure you have returned to default values by booting into the bios and finding the setting 'Optimised defaults'.

Enabling this setting will ensure that the system is running on correct settings.

Last edited:
Josephur , kemical , Once before I reported a BSOD on here I got the same answer as I could be Overclocking . I'm not I think the overclocking comes from gaming , the only games I use are Spider etc . The reason I was When I use MSI live updates it has Intel extreme tuning utility on there that's probably how I got it in the first place .

The only reason overclocking is mentioned is because it usually coincides with that error of Bugcheck 124.

So if you've never overclocked what else could be the cause?

As mentioned previously Bugcheck 124 is often brought on by overheating (which in turn can be brought about by overclocking which is the reason it's mentioned)
Other causes for overheating, as we discussed earlier, could be dust build up especially on the CPU heatsink and fan.

Have you actually checked the temperature like we asked earlier?

also try monitoring temperatures using something like HWiNFO64.
HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools

You want the temps for when the system/cpu is at rest and at full load.

This app is handy in that you can start it up and leave it running. When you come to check it you'll notice that a history of the highest and lowest variables are recorded.

The dump file section I included above reports an internal timer issue with the cpu.

Please run the intel diagnostic for cpu's:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Right I a genuine Wondershare Dvd Creator pro today earlier I tried to burn a dual layer disk with it , I also tried to burn a dvd with it tonight . Both resulted in BSOD the second said whea uncorrectable error . The old patched programme worked the genuine one don't .

Looks like you have a couple of typo's above but basically your saying you tried using wondershare dvd creator pro which resulted in bsod's. I notice you mention nothing of blueray and wonder does this mean it now bsod's when you try to burn any disk and not just blueray?

I don't understand: 'The old patched programme worked the genuine one don't '?

What old patched programme do you refer and why did you stop using it?

Lastly can you post the exact make and model of your burner please.

I tried a third time this time I got a BSOD with whea uncorrectable error . When I tried to go into settings to see what hard drives were showing , the mouse pointer started floating when I was tying to point to an option . Both drives were listed , but the PC kept switching off when I was trying o get online ,I got a black screen with light brown writing telling me All Settings were reset to default value , the writing on here was very dodgy as if it had a will of its own . It aint too bad now . The PC got a BSOD then said restart when complete , but it didn't restart it just shut down . The writing on here is dodgy now , type something and its writing taking a while to come on the scre

kemical , patched or patch is something which may replace the installation ( maybe )when used in programmes such as Wondershare Dvd Creator pro so it works without having to buy the real programme ( sometimes )

I was on ages on my other drive writing then then machine got a BSOD and shut down . This new drive I'm on now I tried to convert from mbr to gpt using Easeus partitian master , the computer rebooted to do its thing and I got reboot and select proper boot device . Like when a sata cable may be missing , I tried to reload windows 10 but I got a BSOD and the drive shut down , I was thinking is it my computer that's knackered . But it did load second time around I'm on here now and have been for half an hour . Everything seems alright up to now .Do you think it will be my hard drive or the computer .

Hi,
sorry for not replying back sooner.

Do you think it will be my hard drive or the computer .
I'm not sure why it errored out when using easus but from what say it sounds like it's repaired.
I do this to use a gpt partition:

I always do a clean or custom install using a uefi usb.

On reaching the 'where to install windows' page which displays your partitions and drives I remove all partitions on the drive i want windows installed on.

I then click next and it's all taken care of, a gpt partition is created and windows installs.

Or

You could try the command line 'diskpart' outlined here:
Convert MBR to GPT Disk without data loss in Windows 10

Back