Windows 7 When is Administrator Name-Password Created

rr53891bk

I purchased a new HP laptop which included Windows 7 – Home & Premium. I did the install, however, I do not remember during the install asking me to create the Administrator ID along with a password. I did create the Recovery Disks, but have not yet rebooted. When is the Administrator’s ID created? I do remember seeing an ID that may have been the default Administrator ID (Rick-PC). But I don't remember typing a password. If so, what are my options to either create an Administrator ID and a password? Or if it was created, can I find out what the password was or change it? Thank You Rick

Capture.PNGIf you go into control panel, click on Users Account and you will find where you can create a password or change a password. Not sure about the administrator ID. I don't want to give you the wrong information about that.

Just did some checking and you can go into your Bios setup and also create a Supervisor password. I don't know if that would answer your question as far as an Administrator password or not.

Last edited:
The real administrator account is normally deactivated, so you do not create a password for it. There are ways to activate it, but most folks do not.

Rick-PC will not be the Administrator
There is no Admin pass by default and you won't set it up unless using an unattended xml. Can boot into safe mode login as Admin and set pass there (recommended). if logged in as Admin you can change password like yours by double clicking your picture at top of start upper right.

Back