Windows 7 Where do I get Product key for build 7106

EQ2000

I downloaded the build 7106 *.ISO file and burned it to a DVD. Yet before installing it, I must know where do I get a product key for it. Do I use the same one I got from Microsoft in January for build 7100 ? I mean I don't want to get stuck half-way thru' installing and then find I can't continue for lack of a Product Key number.

I downloaded the build 7106 *.ISO file and burned it to a DVD. Yet before installing it, I must know where do I get a product key for it. Do I use the same one I got from Microsoft in January for build 7100 ? I mean I don't want to get stuck half-way thru' installing and then find I can't continue for lack of a Product Key number.
The Original key for th particular Bit (x32 or X64) should work OK for the corresponding Bit download of any Build.
You may also get a new key if you have lost the original by logging on to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

and click the link for the Build whose key you want.
You will be taken to another window where you have to login using the password MS has saved when you first got your Win 7 Beta Bit xx Build 7000 and then another screen will open with the new key to be printed for your record.
Hope this helps
Good luck with 7100:)

No CVERSION.INI in Sources Folder - Win7

I found that I may upgrade my build 7000 to the new 7106, by first editing a file called CVERSION.INI (in the SOURCES folder), and changing the value of the MINICLIENT build number to a lower value than shown.
Yet the Win7 I burned to a DVD doesn't have such a file in the SOURCES folder !!!!!

Build 7106 is of the RTM branch.. so I don't think the Beta keys will work for it.. ;) They will however work for the RC build 7100.... at least for now they will.. this might change on May 5th if Microsoft decides to release a new set of keys just for the RC, time will tell... :)

Back
Top Bottom