Windows 7 Where is it stored in the registry???

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
A number of folders in the profile can be move using the location tab under properties.
The question I have is where is the data for this location stored - I assume it is in the registry.

thx

Hello.
May I please ask that in the future, you take a moment to think about which category your question/thread belongs in, as this appears to be a thread that should be in Support, but instead has been posted under Discussion. You will receive way more replies when you post in the correct section, and often times sooner. Thanks for your understanding :)

As for your problem, could you describe it a little better please, that would be great :)

A number of folders in the profile can be move using the location tab under properties.
The question I have is where is the data for this location stored - I assume it is in the registry.

Yes these locations are stored in the registry. But many are placed behind "GUID" titles that are not human readable so I will suggest you might be best to just use the dialogs to change them. Edit with extreme care... Pointing these to a non-existent folder will result in system errors.

They are at :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Last edited:
Back