Windows 7 Where to download Windows 7 Professional legit

xythil

Hey I bought windows 7 from retail but my DVD drive is malfunctioning. I heard you can use a USB drive to install windows 7. My problem is I have no way to burn an ISO of windows 7.

I would like to know what my options are. I have a legitimate CD key for Windows 7 Professional, but I have no access to the media. This seems like a problem that should be pretty simple to overcome in the age of digital distribution.

The CD key is what you pay for not the media so I am hoping it is available somewhere as it is worthless without a valid CD key to register with.

This is for x86 32bit

Last edited:
See my blogs.. probably 3rd from the last post. Direct links to download from microsoft in several languages

See my blogs.. probably 3rd from the last post. Direct links to download from microsoft in several languages

is this legitimate?

Do i need to edit it like your blog says or can i just burn profession 32 bit to a CD?

Last edited:
hey i downloaded the 32x professional but when i try to burn the ISO it gives me the error

"operation has failed. code: c0aa0403, reason: the provided stream to write is not supported"

Whats the deal?>

hey i downloaded the 32x professional but when i try to burn the ISO it gives me the error

"operation has failed. code: c0aa0403, reason: the provided stream to write is not supported"

Whats the deal?>

You have a problem.

First,, did you delete ei.cfg ? With an ISO program? ISO's are images and take special editing software.

Second... will your dvd write any iso?

You can down a legit copy from Microsoft or some of their partners, like Digital River. But actually, the legit part comes in relation to the key. If you have a good copy and a legitimate key, you are fine.

If you are a student, you can download a .iso from Digital River for $30.

If you get errors when you burn the .iso, what software are you using to burn it, and try at a slower speed, like 4x.

i was trying to use ISO Recorder but I switched to FreeISOBurner and it seems to be burning.

Is the links provided her legit? I have a legit 32bit pro CD key i jsut need the software which I assume I am burning now.

Why does the other guy tell me to delete soem ei.cfg file? The only file I got was X15-65804.iso

Ive now suffered blue screen of death twice trying to burn this ISO with FreeISOBurner

I am going to try using Alcohol 120... is there a good program to use for this?

Is the links provided her legit? so
She is legit.. notice it's Microsoft's server

If you can't burn an iso to dvd.. (you are trying to burn to dvd right? The file is 6 times larger than a single cd. ) then you have to fix your dvd.

You have downloaded the 32 Bit Pro, for which you have a key. No need to mess with the ei.cfg file

Last edited:
I can still do an upgrade right? I didnt want to completely format this time around. I am pretty sure I should be able to upgrade or do a completely new install with a full install CD key right?

Is there any downside to just upgrading instead of formatting than reinstalling? Will i still get the same benefits of increased performance and stuff ? I didn't want to have to reinstall all my drivers this time around.

I can still do an upgrade right? I didnt want to completely format this time around. I am pretty sure I should be able to upgrade or do a completely new install with a full install CD key right?

Is there any downside to just upgrading instead of formatting than reinstalling? Will i still get the same benefits of increased performance and stuff ? I didn't want to have to reinstall all my drivers this time around.

First, this thread is getting confusing... if you have the Full version key you don't need to delete ei.cfg

Second, you should do a clean install.. your vista drivers probably won't work for win 7

There is a big downside to upgrading... just look around at all the messages in this forum where people fixed problems by doing a clean install. Everyone here with any degree of reputation has advised to always do a clean install. ... it's even in some of our tag lines .. or sigs... whatever they are called these days.

Increase in performance is attained by doing a clean install then tweaking and turning OFF features and services you don't need to run on a home computer. There are at least 200 things you can disable and realize a much more stable system and reduce the overhead significiantly.

See my last blog for 30 of them.. another blog for 100 and the tweaking blogs for about 60 more.

Thank all of you! I got Windows 7 installed and registered online! It works great. It sure is speedy compared to vista. The new start bar takes a little getting use to. My only question now is, it seems to have installed all my drviers for me... lol. I have no idea which need to be updated.

On a side note is there anyway to restore my Mozilla bookmarks... I forgot to back them up =/

Not to be a sad sack and rain on your parade but tomorrow...

you can run Event Viewer and go to Custom and look at the logs.. and work on the errors there. Enjoy!

Hey I bought windows 7 from retail but my DVD drive is malfunctioning. I heard you can use a USB drive to install windows 7. My problem is I have no way to burn an ISO of windows 7.

I would like to know what my options are. I have a legitimate CD key for Windows 7 Professional, but I have no access to the media. This seems like a problem that should be pretty simple to overcome in the age of digital distribution.

The CD key is what you pay for not the media so I am hoping it is available somewhere as it is worthless without a valid CD key to register with.

This is for x86 32bit
I didn't read the topic but, why not just go and buy yourself a usb dvd drive and install from that one? :D This way you will have a portable dvd drive as well. I don't think that they are too expensive.

I didn't read the topic but, why not just go and buy yourself a usb dvd drive and install from that one? :D This way you will have a portable dvd drive as well. I don't think that they are too expensive.

How is one to copy the DVD to a USB when the DVD drive isn't functioning? =p

How is one to copy the DVD to a USB when the DVD drive isn't functioning? =p

Download the iso from Microsoft... links are in my blogs.. about 3rd from last. Then use unetbootin... point to to the iso, verify it's using your usb ... one click and 15 mins later you have a bootable iso with Win 7 install. Set your bios to boot from the usb and install.

you can download here:

where to download windows 7 ?
you can download here:

Windrock, we are not allowed to assist in piracy on this site. For this reason I had to delete your links.

Cybercore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft has published links to download Windows 7 and they encourage people to try it out and they give 30 days evaluation period. There is no question about testing windows 7 before you buy it. Those links have been posted in this forum in other threads.

However, You must use a legit keycode when the trial period expires.

Back