Windows 10 Which system on my device? Please help!

Tanaki

Good Morning.

I have question, I try few systems last days on my old device Ideapad S210 Touch and I still have no clue which one I should use.
I want that laptop for old games (all retro things and titles from 199X-200X) and pixelart drawing.

I install few systems on that laptop, but I still don't know what is a best choice. I try Windows 7 both versions - 32 and 64 bits - and same with WIndows 10 - both version we're installed 32 and 64. On 32 bits laptop work so bad, even things like youtube lags a lot, acting very slowly and unstable, so I must choose beetwen Windows 10 and Windows 7 64 bits.

My specification is:
CPU: Intel Celeron 1037U 1.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics integrated card
HDD: Standart SATA HDD 250 GB, 5200 rpm

Which system are best for that oldie laptop? I need maximum performance, I don't use new software and do any fancy things just like I said - pixel arts, little programing on the go and playing all those retro, old games that I love.
That laptop is very small and nice to take it to bag and play anywhere and work on graphics.

Please help, thank you and welcome all.

Can you post the names of those 'old' video games so that we can check the minimum requirements for them?
Do you mean the online version of Pixelart?

That doesn't matter I think, the question is what OS fits that laptop the best to gain maximum performance and not eat whole memory and processor.
Games are everything from early 2000s to ~2005-2007 or even older - Unreal, Quake, old RPG games or newest retro games like Stardew Valley, Terraria or other pixel style games.

What means online version of pixel art? I draw pixel art in GIMP and other editors, and make some simple games and stuff.
Sometimes I like to dig for old games and play in work when I have time. Some titles are not work on 10 like Black and White, or Contract Jack, No One Lives Forever etc.

That doesn't matter I think, the question is what OS fits that laptop the best to gain maximum performance and not eat whole memory and processor.
Not all video games require the same CPU capacity and amount of RAM.
The newer video games have better image quality and therefore require more CPU and RAM.
That's why I asked.
As for the performance, I use Linux instead of Windows exactly for that reason. However, Linux is less friendly in regards to video games (less options).

I cant use Linux, I don't know anything about that OS and about compatibility with my programs.

If you don't want to use Linux then your only other real option is to upgrade the hardware to Windows 10 i.e, buy a new system and put a V-Windows 7 inside Vmware to run your old software... both senarios need you to do your homework and learn new tricks mate

Back