Windows 7 Why Does Windows 7 Keep Scanning For My Network?

Ultravires

Hi, does anyone know why windows 7 randomly seems to keep on scanning for my network? Sometimes when i try to access the network drives, windows 7 seems to be scanning for the files on the drive, i notice a green bar going across at the top and it slows the pc to a crawl. I am using the final rtm version and i noticed this problem was present in the rc version and it still in the final version. It is very frustrating trying to access any file on the network when it starts it scanning. It doesn't do this all the time it just seems to do it randomly. Regardless of the file i am trying to access on the network it could be a tiny.txt file to a video file. Any idea what could be the cause of this and anyway to resolve it? TIA.

A: Driver Issue

B: network issue

C: other PC's HDD as spun down and it takes time to spin up, realize what it is trying to find and start looking for it.

I have a small wait myself when accessing my Raid1 drives and external hdd's, waiting for them to spin up and search for the file. It's a hardware access delay that I don't think would necessarily be a 7 only issue.

A: Driver Issue

B: network issue

C: other PC's HDD as spun down and it takes time to spin up, realize what it is trying to find and start looking for it.

I have a small wait myself when accessing my Raid1 drives and external hdd's, waiting for them to spin up and search for the file. It's a hardware access delay that I don't think would necessarily be a 7 only issue.

I think i resolved it, it must have been a driver issue, i installed the driver that came with the MB a few days ago and havent seen that problem since and it use to show up several times a day.

Back
Top Bottom