Why is clicking FireFox Home a problem??

anotherwindowsuser

Hi All.

I hope you are all well.

I find recently when I open FireFox it doesn't open the desired home page, or if I click on the home button it doesn't either. However if I enter the correct address or suggested link to the address it opens the site, so what is gong on with the home button??

Kind reards

Instead of digging around in the settings and going through the whole rigmarole.....I would simply download a fresh copy of FF and then uninstall the current version and then install the current version.

The system (OS) has nothing to do with 3rd party software. All 3rd party software, including browsers have to be manually updated. That is if they don't have a software updater built into them. Almost all free software doesn't have that.

With Browsers, they usually have the built in updater.....sometimes it doesn't work and they have to be manually updated as well. Some times the browsers can get corrupted for what ever reason and then either dig through the "Browser settings", which is what I was referring to in the first place. It's just easier to uninstall the browser and reinstall a fresh new copy.

The system (OS) has nothing to do with 3rd party software. All 3rd party software, including browsers have to be manually updated. That is if they don't have a software updater built into them. Almost all free software doesn't have that.

With Browsers, they usually have the built in updater.....sometimes it doesn't work and they have to be manually updated as well. Some times the browsers can get corrupted for what ever reason and then either dig through the "Browser settings", which is what I was referring to in the first place. It's just easier to uninstall the browser and reinstall a fresh new copy.

OK thanks, it is randomly working again now.

You might want to post in linux ubuntu forum as this is a windows forum. Regardless that there is a sub topic Linux forum.....you'd be better served going to a true Linux forum.

Back