Windows 7 WiFi Repeater Profile won't save password / Router profile won't delete

pfilios

When I set up this computer I connected to my wifi router at the other end of the house, but due to the distance I got poor connectivity and performance. So I purchased a wifi repeater and positioned it nearer to this computer. I disconnected from the router and connected to the new repeater without issue, and get good performance. However, whenever I turn-off the computer and then later turn it back on, or restart the computer, it always connects to the router instead of the repeater. I can disconnect from the router, but it won't automatically connect to the repeater (despite having checked the "connect automatically" box), and despite showing the WPA2-Personal password in the wifi profile for the repeater it requires me to mannually enter it in order to connect the repeater. I've tried deleting the router profile in the "manage wifi connections" dialog box, but it seems to automatically come back by itself. Any suggestions on how to automatically connect to the repeater, preferentially over any other wifi connections, and not have to manually enter the password every time?

Does the wifi repeater have a web based page to access the settings of the repeater like you do for your router? The make and model of your repeater and router wouldn't hurt either.

Does the wifi repeater have a web based page to access the settings of the repeater like you do for your router? The make and model of your repeater and router wouldn't hurt either.

The router is a Belkin 787, and the wifi repeater is made by RoHS, a Chineese company. They both have web pages, the repeater page enables me to set the password to allow it to connect to the router and that all works fine. Other computers in the house, one running Windows 8 and one running Windows Vista, can remember the repeater just fine, it's only the one running Windows 7 that always connects to the router (poorly) instead of the repeater, and even though the repeater profile in windows 7 shows the password as being saved, requires that I input it again before it will connect after I manually disconnect from the router.

I'm quite sure how it works with a router and a repeater, but with a router and a 2nd router (wired/wireless), the 1st router has to have the DCHP turned off in order to use the DCHP of the second router.

What specific install/connection settings does this RoHS repeater say?

Could you post the exact mdoel of your repeater.

Back
Top Bottom