Windows 10 Win 10 Clean Install, Stable for months... and then...

Good on you man... lots of karma points. :)

1. Defragging? I understood that was a legacy requirement... and especially tricky on an SSD, which I have as my primary drive.

2. I found a simple registry Dword add to set the login screen background to a solid color.

3. I find it odd Id have to run CCleaner to solve an issue I never saw once in Win7. When I go to attach a file to a post, for example, I have to wait for the directory to populate. Must be another solution?

Defragging? I understood that was a legacy requirement... and especially tricky on an SSD, which I have as my primary drive.
Oh that's right, sorry it's not defrag it's called 'Trim' and in windows 10 it automatically knows your running an ssd so in the defragger you simply click optimize and it will trim the SSD.

I find it odd Id have to run CCleaner to solve an issue I never saw once in Win7. When I go to attach a file to a post, for example, I have to wait for the directory to populate. Must be another solution?
It was simply a suggestion.

By the way are you running in AHCI?

Trim set to autorun weekly.

I am pretty sure I am running in AHCI, Ill check BIOS next reboot.

What is your opinion on Glary Utilities 5?

Any opinions on security software for 10? I'm willing to pay, just hate bloatware.

What is your opinion on Glary Utilities 5
Never used it and to be honest I prefer and trust Ccleaner more and as I said previously that windows does not need a registry cleaner and it usually causes more issues than fixes.

Any opinions on security software for 10? I'm willing to pay, just hate bloatware
Well the version of Defender that comes with win 10 is almost a straight copy of Microsofts server AV and is supposed to be pretty hot. Just to add that little bit more though a really fantastic bit of anti malware software is Malwarebytes Pro.
Anti-Malware Premium - Malware Detect & Removal

Back