Windows 10 Win 10 Voice Recorder does not record other party on skype

Turulmadar

hallo,
i used to use voice recorder on win 7 and it recorded both my and the other party's voice while using skype --- win 10 voice recorder records only my voice, the other party is so faint on playback its impossible to hear it its useless.
Question1: what settings do i need to maniulate to make voice recorder record the other party on skype? have tried various settings on both skype and win 10 but nothing helps.
Question2: does anyone know of a simple third-party voice recorder to do the job? used to use polderbits but that is no longer available nor is it transferable to my new win 10 laptop

thanks, turulmadar

Voice recorder captures input from the mic, it was likely just picking up the other party from the speaker. Just use the "Record Meeting" feature in skype.

thanks that sounds hopeful - where do i find it, i'm not so good with computers -i've got the version that sits on win10 but cant get that precise data either and not for want of looking, turulmadar

i see, skype to skype only so thats totally useless to me, i only use it to call landlines or mobiles --- finding myself agreeing with many others about skype being rubbish -- i also cant begin to tell you how unhappy i am with win10: i cant stop it from downloading updates to rubbish i dont use / i cant do the simplest thing without logging in to microsoft cloud trash (but i've had help in getting rid of that)/ very little scope to personalize the look of my laptop / cant record calls --- i will not allow microsoft to dictate to me;this is a machine I TELL IT what to do not the other way round -- i will get help to configure it to do MY bidding

perhaps you may wish to answer the initial question: why does voice recorder not record the other party? or is it that both skype and voice recorder are rubbish

thanks aanyway for your help, at least i can stop spending useless hours looking for something that does not exist.

turulmadar

A "voice recorder" records the MIC it isn't intended to record speaker output.

Back