Windows 7 win 7 can't detect my SB Audigy sound card

nasspi

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system'' is the message that i get when i try to install any drivers or support pack i found for my SB Audigy 2 sound card.I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621) OS on my PC(It worked fine on my xp OS).I have a Royal Gigabyte 81955x MB;Intel Pentium D CPU 3 GHz processor with the latest BIOS i could find.Also my on board sound card volume is lower.

That card should work fine, I had the model up until a few months ago myself, in fact if ya installed it windows 7 x64 has a native driver built in for basic use (even win update has updates for it), although you need to make sure you are using the right driver so best get the one from Creative support... the version I always used was 2.18.0017 with my Audigy2 ZS, make sure you run in admin mode (right click to get that option). If it still doesn't work, check that device manager even lists it, as could be not sitting in the pci slot correct or you may need to swap the slot if it's conflicting.

Check you have the correct model name also, as there are a few variations on the site.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Well I already did try everything u advised me and it still not working.This is what i get from device manager. -Multimedia Audio Controller
-PCI Input Device,-RAID Controller devices are not installed.win 7 action center advised me to:Address a problem with Sound Blaster Audigy 2.Sound Blaster Audigy 2 is not compatible with this version of Windows.So win 7 can ''see'' it.I asked for help at Gigabyte to, but no use.This is frustrating i payed 500EUR for this MB,my paycheck for 4 months and i can't use it with win 7 64

Please post the exact version eg: SBXXXX maybe Danel_K's support pack might work. I used P17x.sys series and it works fine. Yes they said it's not compatible with Windows 7. Creative is good very good at updating their drivers.

could be you have a OEM edition (dell etc) as opposed to a retail (creative boxed) and that can cause issues getting drivers. In the meantime all motherboards have on board HD audio cards (usually Realtek HD audio or Intel's HD audio) which are better than the Audigy2 series now anyway, since Windows 7 and Vista don't have Directsound, which was the only thing Creative cards had the advantage with, newer cards like the XFI have better support as they have better "openAL" support although they are not without issues if ya have OEM editions. Also if you have a newer GPU many have HD audio cards that work through the HDMI output...

Last edited:
MB Model Name : GA-8I955X Royal M/B Rev : 1.0 BIOS Ver: AWARD BIOS (EX.:F11); VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : GEFORCE 6600 LE;
CPU Brand : Intel Model : PENTIUM (R) D CPU Speed : 3000; Creative Audigy 2 Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital SB 0220.At device manager even list i got this -Other Devices:-Multimedia Audio Controller;-PCI Input Device;-RAID Controller, drivers for this devices are not
installed . For SB 0220 I used this: Danel_K's suport pack audigy 2,SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017 among other drivers i found, each time i got this message:"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system''.I did tried every slot available no use.I believe that some of my MB drivers are missing and all i get from Gigabyte is: Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition), but windows 7 x64 has a native driver built that works.

Far as I can tell that model is indeed a OEM model (likely Dell) and that's why the official driver wont work.

Maybe try these custom drivers if you like, failing that you can buy newer supported models like the XFI's for £20 on ebay.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Well right when i was about to lose my hope of using my SB audigy 2 sound card with win 7 64 U solved my problem. Now i have to see if i can use both Realtek and Creative sound cards at the same time.thank u!!!! Now i have only 2 problems -PCI Input Device;-RAID Controller, devices not installed .Any ideas?I tried DriverEasy it was helpful but those drivers i couldn't find. These are my MB specs:

CPU

1. LGA775 Intel® Pentium® D processor
2. Supports 1066/800/533MHz FSB
*Note: Rev 1.0 includes 2x2 pin ATX 12V power connector. Rev 1.1 includes 2x4 pin ATX 12V power connector for Intel Pentium D Extreme Edition processor power recommendation.

Chipset

1. Northbridge: Intel® 955X Chipset
2. Southbridge: Intel® ICH7R
3. Silicon Image Sil3132 SATA II controller
4. T.I IEEE1394b controller
5. GigaRAID ITE8212 IDE RAID controller
6. 2 x Broadcom 5751 Gigabit Ethernet controller
7. Realtek ALC882M audio codec

Memory

1. 4 DDR II DIMM memory slots (supports up to 8GB memory)
2. Supports dual channel DDR II 888*/667/533/400 unbuffered DIMM
3. Supports 1.8V DDR II DIMM
4. Supports 72bit ECC type DRAM integrity mode

*Note:DDRII 888 support by FSB 1066 CPU
Internal I/O Connectors

1. 1 x U-Plus D.P.S connector
2. 6 x Serial ATA II 3.0Gb/s connectors
3. 1 x UDMA ATA 100/66/33 connectors
4. 2 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 connectors (For HDDs only)
5. 1 x FDD connector
6. 2 x IEEE1394b connectors (supports 3 ports)
7. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 connector (supports 4 ports)
8. 3 x Cooling fan pin headers

Expansion Slots

1. 1 PCI Express x 16 slot
2. 2 PCI Express x 1 slots
3. 3 PCI slots

Back Panel Connectors

1. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2. 2 x RJ45 ports
3. 6 x Audio ports (4 x Line-out/ 1 x Line-in/ 1 x MIC)
4. 1 x Coaxial S/P-DIF out
5. 1 x Optical S/P-DIF out
6. PS/2 Keyboard/ Mouse
7. 1 x COM port connector
8. 1 x LPT port

Form Factor

1. ATX form factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm

Other Features

1. U-Plus D.P.S
2. DualBIOS
3. C.I.A. 2
4. M.I.B. 2
5. R.G.B.

Remark

1. Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
2. Most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.

Well right when i was about to lose my hope of using my SB audigy 2 sound card with win 7 64 U solved my problem. Now i have to see if i can use both Realtek and Creative sound cards at the same time.thank u!!!!

Just a note, rarely a good idea to have mobo soundcard enabled in bios if your using a addon card as can cause BSOD issues

I used both soundcards since i bought my PC it worked fine on Xp no issues at all. I need them working together.

I to had my old Audigy 2 card in and it worked fine with Win 7, I also used the same drivers as Highwayman. I just updated my card to the
X-Fi Titanium. Of which Im having one h_ll of a time getting the drivers to install. But my Audigy 2 went with out a hitch.
_

Back