Windows 7 Win 7: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT blue screens

As Nmsuk suggests you need to boot into the motherboards 'flashing utility'. Now the instructions on how to do this with each motherboard can be slightly different. If you check the page from where you downloaded the bios there should be a 'How to flash the Bios' link somewhere.. I looked to see if I could find your motherboard make but didn't find if you had posted it or not.. Would you mind posting again as I can help you further once I know the name...

:)

hmm, I downloaded the latest version of BIOS (F6) however I came up with a problem. After I extracted the file into a FAT32 USB. I double clicked on the extracted file (it was also a .exe called FLASHSPI.exe and autoexec.bat) and a warning message came up \\\\\\\"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher\\\\\\\".

Well, the windows is obviously 64 bit.

So maybe the updates are for 32 bit systems and not for windows 7. EDIT - i tested all the versions of the updates and none of them are compatible with 64 windows.

By the way, I went to the control panel and did a performance information and tools options. I wanted to test the rating for the computer but at the end an error message came up and wrote \\\\\\\"The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed. Cannot complete assessment. The assessment or other operation did not complete successfully. This is due to an error being reported from the operating system, driver or other component.\\\\\\\"

why not update your bios from within windows ?

this is your motherboard > GA-P55-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

gigabyte have an update utility found here simply run that util and use method three where you point to the file you have already already downloaded called F6 ;)

remember to reeboot and *Please remember to "Load Optimize Defaults" (in the BIOS Setup) after updating new BIOS

read these instructions if your unclear ?

to use the file you have already downloaded you would be using method III.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use that utility icky, for one reason... It's an automated process with no control over the Bios version your finally given. With Gigabyte boards 'Qflash' is the best way to change the Bios and as Gigabyte boards have a 'Dual-Bios' risks are minimised due to the presence of a back up Bios.

Actually I just flashed my Bios as there was an update.. I also have a Gigabyte board and so download prety much the same type of file. I've taken a screenshot placing an arrow pointing to the actual 'Bios file' and this is the one that need to placed on the floppy/thumb drive. Hope this helps..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I wouldn't use that utility icky, for one reason... It's an automated process with no control over the Bios version your finally given. With Gigabyte boards 'Qflash' is the best way to change the Bios and as Gigabyte boards have a 'Dual-Bios' risks are minimised due to the presence of a back up Bios.

I have used that util a few times with no issues, it can be used by letting it automatically download the update, or you can use it where you manually point to the bios file already saved by you onto your hard drive :p

Hey Ickmay!

I finally updated the BIOS drive with the latest version using Qflash utility. What now?

Hey guys, new to the site and no where near as educated as most people here it seems, I too am having the same issues, I found out that I had a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate so I went and bought it, re installed vista to wipe that crap off my cpu then installed 7 again, everything was great for the first few days, mind you I had zero problems with this bootleg copy, so after a few days I finally got everything reinstalled but when I installed paint.net I started to get blue screens saying bad pool caller and then my system would reboot. I know its not hardware because everything was great with the bootleg for months, besides the fact a friend of a friend ripped me off. So I removed paint.net and I thought that would suffice and it did for a few days. I have a gateway laptop 64 bit, 4 gb memory 320 gb hard drive, cpu is about 1 yr old now, but hardware is good and compatible, laptop never dropped or mishandled. I ran a reg cleaner and it shows like 144 fixes, but it shows the same fixes everytime I run it, so not sure if that is working correctly, I went through and searched drivers and manually updated every driver and shows everything is ok there. I will follow the steps above but thats seems more to troubleshoot poss hardware issues and I believe mine is software. So is there anything you guys would recommend different in this situation or just follow the steps above and see what info it gives me, someone told me to buy uniblue software and run it, oh yah it will crash when i run multiple programs, when just surfing the net everything seems fine, please forgive me if I left any important info out, I'm a newbie with a capital N

Hi Phantomhunter,
welcome to the site!
Why not start a new thread of your own? This will save on confusion and you'll get more people viewing you new thread as apposed to visiting an old one....
Mind you judging by what you've already written your not doing too badly.. :)

*sigh* and here i thought that maybe all the problems were gone. It wasn't a memory management screen this time when booting up the computer. I've attached the minidump for today.

Also, at one stage I got a black screen once a few days back saying:
"Checking File systemon C:
the tye of the le system is NTFS
One of you disks neds to be checked for cosistecy. Youmay cancel the disc check... (i couldt get the rest as it started checking)"

And it appeared as though everything was fine after the checks

Attachments

• 031410-16302-01.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 298
*sigh* and here i thought that maybe all the problems were gone. It wasn't a memory management screen this time when booting up the computer. I've attached the minidump for today.

Also, at one stage I got a black screen once a few days back saying:
"Checking File systemon C:
the tye of the le system is NTFS
One of you disks neds to be checked for cosistecy. Youmay cancel the disc check... (i couldt get the rest as it started checking)"

And it appeared as though everything was fine after the checks

are you booting with any CD's in your drive ?

the debugger output stated
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
but otherwise I am not getting any other useful information :confused:

are you confident this is the latest realtek driver for your NIC ?
Rt64win7.sys fffff880`0405e000 fffff300`04090000 0xfffffa8000032000 0x49a65b0d 26/02/2009 09:04:13

this crash could be also be caused by USB devices plugged in at the time and their drivers that load at boot ?

have you definately updated all drivers on your system ?

can you reproduce your crash conditions ?

I would be checking your Event Viewer for errors relating to this BSOD ?

"realtek driver for your NIC"

I'm assuming you mean the latest BIOS version. and yes if that's what you mean.

I tend to have a USB connected to the harddrive all the time as it's my internet connection (kinda like dial up but it's 112 kb/sec called ISDN).

I dont think we ever covered updating all the drivers. just the BIOS was updated. Im not really sure how to update all the drivers.

No, I can't reproduce the crashes as they are very random events. at least this one was.

Hmm, in regards to this crash, maybe it was just a random freak of nature crash that will just happen once and that's it. After all, I'm more concerned about the memory management screens which havn't appeared which is good.

In regards to the Event Viewer - I posted an event viewer summary in my second post of this thread.

Thanks for the help :)

\\\\"realtek driver for your NIC\\\\"

I'm assuming you mean the latest BIOS version. and yes if that's what you mean.

I tend to have a USB connected to the harddrive all the time as it's my internet connection (kinda like dial up but it's 112 kb/sec called ISDN).

I dont think we ever covered updating all the drivers. just the BIOS was updated. Im not really sure how to update all the drivers.

No, I can't reproduce the crashes as they are very random events. at least this one was.

Hmm, in regards to this crash, maybe it was just a random freak of nature crash that will just happen once and that's it. After all, I'm more concerned about the memory management screens which havn't appeared which is good.

In regards to the Event Viewer - I posted an event viewer summary in my second post of this thread.

Thanks for the help :)
no sorry by NIC I meant Network Interface Card .........

are you booting with any CD's in your drive like a quake4 CD ??

are you confident this is the latest realtek driver for your NIC ?

You can get the latest realtek nic driver from http://www.realtek.com.tw

as nmsuk said follow the above link to update your network card drivers ?

go here, follow the driver link to get the latest chipset drivers and also Sata\ Raid , theres drivers there for 2010, the datestamp is the biggest clue ;)

you can check driver versions by right click my computer\properties pick device manager then pick a device and properties Capture.JPG then driver tab and the datestamp is there :)

yo, aright. I'll get to updating. Im just sending a post to show the latest crash which just happened. The blue screen said something about updating bios or going into safe mode to remove components. Ill take a screen when it happens again.

Hey, when it says restore system to a point in which it worked correctly, would that affect the BIOS by any chance?

Attachments

• 031610-28657-01.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 294
EDIT:

yo, aright. I'll get to updating. Im just sending a post to show the latest crash which just happened. The blue screen said something about updating bios or going into safe mode to remove components. Ill take a screen when it happens again.

Hey, when it says restore system to a point in which it worked correctly, would that affect the BIOS by any chance?

The ISDN modem I have is an NT1 Plus II - the software was old (saying that the program was not compatible to 64 bit or whatever) but we still managed to install it onto the computer. But I'll try and have the USB out when i restart the computer to see if that prevents a crash.

That Realtek site is about as user-friendly as my elbow. No idea what to do there. but I'll keep looking at what to download.

EDIT:

The Chipset installed fine. However there was an issue with the SATA RAID as appariently the computer did not meet the minimum requirements for installing that software. That's wierd as the chipset installed fine and im pretty sure it's a 64 bit windows 7.

Last edited:
aright. the latest NIC realtek drive is installed as well as the chipset is installed. the SATA RAID didnt install as minimum requirements of the computer wernt met.

Back