Windows 7 Win 7 RC Event Viewer Help?

balcy24

I was having weird system issues (mostly system freezes) with Win 7 RC x64 after doing an in place upgrade (build 7068 was rock solid) so I bit the bullet and did a clean install. Now 1 day later I have 10,000+ events in event viewer and still have random freezes. Most entries are either a "warning" under disk: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation" The other is an "error" under yukonw7: "Driver status 1 or Hardware status 2." I tried searching for help on these but couldn't find anything.

Since building the computer I have often had to pull the cat 5 cable and reinsert to get the networking going after a reboot. I turned off "allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" for the Yukon controller as someone suggested.

My system is an Asus Rampage Formula, dual Yukon Marvell 1 GB NICs, Intel Q9650, Corsair Dominator PC8500 4 GB kit and WD 250 & 750 SATA II HDs with no overclocking.

Any suggestions?

Here is an update should others have similar issues.

The hard drive issue was my WD external drive connected via Firewire. I disconnected the drive and the errors quit. I may have to use the USB interface.

The network driver issue was a little more involved. I had to enter safe mode, unistall and reinstall both Marvell network adapters. Now those errors are gone too.

Last edited:
Back