Windows 7 Win 7's new taskbar

Matt

http://www.windowsxlive.net/evolution-of-the-taskbar-in-windows-7-superbar

Well, looks like there's really keeping things under wraps, like Apple does with their products.

M3 or possibly later. Windows Longhorn M3 looked exactly like Windows XP, and it didn't look like Vista till beta 2.

Well, Microsoft has only planned for Seven to only go to M3, Thats the last Milestone.. Then comes the Beta! :D

The "Superbar" is supposed to be a placeholder.
The actual planned "taskbar" at this time resides in the bottom right corner, and rolls out in interlocking, overlapping circles.

Well, you never know whats going to happen. I mean Microsoft Originally stated that its going to have a new UI and move away from the classic "start menu"

ViennaX said:
Well, you never know whats going to happen. I mean Microsoft Originally stated that its going to have a new UI and move away from the classic "start menu"

What kind of menu do you think they could replace the "start menu" with?

@ViennaX: interesting, any info on if they are public or private betas?

@Snake: Perhaps the Start Pie? They did say that there would be pie menues in winodws 7 or blackcomb at one time.

@Matt: Well I have some inside info from one of Microsoft's Partners, Perhaps you would have heard of them? IBM.
The first beta is not scheduled for public use. But I doubt that it wont be leaked.
@Snake: What are you talking about, There are a million ways to replace the start menu. And yes Matt Microsoft did say there would be something like a Pie-Menu.

Hope I answered your questions. If you have anymore, Just ask!

ViennaX said:
@Matt: Well I have some inside info from one of Microsoft's Partners, Perhaps you would have heard of them? IBM.

You mean Lenovo.
That's their PC division. ;)

Windows 7 taskbar is the most improved thing from my perspective from this version of windows compared to all the rest. Never before since windows 1 have you been able to pin icons to the taskbar and launch straight to the applications.

Back
Top Bottom