Windows 8 Win 8.1 Core x64 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

RyanBaskett

Hi does anyone know whether or not this Xbox 360 controller I have is compatible with Windows 8.1 core x64?
I am using a PowerA brand pro gaming series wired xbox 360 controller but It doesn't turn on when I plug it in and in Device Manager it shows the ? for unknown devices which suggests to me that I simply need to install the correct driver, but so far I haven't seen one available anywhere. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
They don't appear to have any drivers on their site, just manuals. Hear's a Microsoft driver for the wired Xbox 360 controller. Try it and see if it works. Works on my 8.1 pc.

Attachments

• Xbox360_64Eng.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 1,631
They don't appear to have any drivers on their site, just manuals. Hear's a Microsoft driver for the wired Xbox 360 controller. Try it and see if it works. Works on my 8.1 pc.
Ok. I tried that one but I still get an unknown device in device manager. See the image for the image I mean.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 538
And here is the controller I am using, or trying to use, Model No. 000097 by PowerAmp. I tried that driver listed above and it didn't work.

Attachments

• powera_fus1on_tournament_controller_360.jpg
    powera_fus1on_tournament_controller_360.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 739
Wondering if I were to use a generic wired Microsoft Xbox 360 issued controller if that might work but I talked to Microsoft Customer Service today and they told me that I needed to go back to the store where I got the controller from and get the installation disc that comes with the controller. I have been a gamer for a long long time and I have bought multiple dozens of Xbox 360 controllers of every size shape and brand and not once has one ever come with an installation disc. Microsoft CS was absolutely 0 help on this. They know less about their own products than I do.

Here is any other possible relevant info... See attached images:

Attachments

• Sysinfo1.png
    Sysinfo1.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 642
  • Sysinfo2.png
    Sysinfo2.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 632
Of course they're going to say that. That'll cost you more money. I bought my wired Xbox 360 controleer with no cd from Newegg. I went to Microsoft Hardware downloaded the driver. I've now used it in 7, 8 and 8.1. Try doing a search for your controller with downloads at the end and see what you come up with.

Here's the page for your controller. http://www.powera.com/Products/PROD_PLATFORMS/PLATFORM_XBOX/FUS1ON-Tournament-Controller-Xbox They have no driver's. You need to try the one I provided or use the one I provided and get a regugalar Microsoft wired Xbox 360 controller.

Turns out this is correct. I know that because I plugged in the only other wired Xbox 360 controller, which was by PowerAmp, this morning and turns out it works just fine. I am going to buy myself a generic wired 360 controller this week and just use that.

It is even stranger that a different model of the same brand will work find but then the model I tried to use won't.

if you buy a real x-box 360 controller made by microsoft it does come with a cd, im sitting here right now with the wired controller and the cd,i have been looking on the net on how to install this mircosoft x box 360 controller, so from what you just said RYANBASKETT,,,,you said you were told to run the cd in the cd/dvd player, i have a acer and like you i have 64 bit AMD quad-core,so once i get this controller working, i can play any game with this,,,,,im hoping thats what you or someone on the page here said,,it be so cool to play games again with a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse,is there anything i should know about how it works once it gets setup,,,,if it gets setup,,,lol,,,i downloaded that driver above to,im not sure if i should run the cd or try the driver up above in a message, i came accross this in my hunt to find out how to setup a x box 360 controller,and just wanted you to know the microsoft 360 x box wired or wireless controller do come with a cd,,,,,i paid 39.99 for the wired one,,,the wireless one starts at around 60.00,,,,,so what works best for you is the one to get, the very first x box,well those controllers have no cd and there hard to get to work right on a pc from what i learned from the net looking for a way to hook my 360 controller to my pc,,,if i come accross anything solid i will leave another message here,,,,,,,,,thanks for the info,,,take care and gopd bless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom