Windows 8 Win 8.1 Pro "Bad Pool Header" random restart daily

Szabolcs Varga

Hi, I need help. Since Sunday I got "Bad Pool Header" bsod randomly every day. Memtest and chckdisk were tried with no error. Using verifier exe, after restart I can get to the desktop and firewall, but when the Bitdefender 2016 Total Security would start BSOD happens again. Now, I trying to rule out the faulty drivers but I can't really understand the dump files.
Thanks for advance
UI Zip file attached

Attachments

• W7F_30-03-2016.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 440
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {226, fffff80097647708, ffffcf8183c36ea0, 0}

Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\IOMap64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IOMap64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IOMap64.sys
Probably caused by : IOMap64.sys ( IOMap64+1708 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the majority of dump files look like the one above and mean the verifier has caught a I/O driver misbehaving. The other dump files were as you know bugcheck 19 bad pool header. Interestingly Malwarebytes was involved in those dump files too.

IOMap64.sys Tue Jul 02 09:27:47 2013: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak? This driver could belong to either one of those apps listed. It's probably GPU Tweak and if you have it installed please uninstall it.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ( related to the above?) ASUS hardware monitoring software please update. A later version is on support website:
Z97-P - Support

Please update all drivers, especially network and chipset although ideally update them all.
Z97-P - Support

As Malwarebytes seemed caught up in at least one set of dump files (it was mentioned in every bugcheck 19 dump file) the it's probably worth uninstalling and then downloading a new fresh copy and installing that.

See how you go with the above changes. Please post any new dump files.

Back