Windows 8 Win 8.1 pro file

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I had a friend send me the file so I could burn it. I think I burned it as .iso and have to see it to know if it is.exe so I can burn it to disc properly if that is the case.
Can you please send me the Win 8.1 pro x 64 file to burn and tell me if it is .exe or. Iso so I can burn a disc appropriately?
Thank you
Peter

First and foremost....... even you have a Win 8.1 iso file burnt into a bootable DVD, it will NOT do you any good UNLESS you have a valid Win 8.1 product key. You will not be able to install it.

Your first paragraph is confusing. I don't know how to reply to it.

As to your 2nd paragraph..... There is no official website for Win 8.1 iso download. There is, however, a round-about way.
You need a Win 8 product key to do so. Do you have one?
If yes, read this tutorial by Paul Thurrott...........
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-tip-download-windows-81-iso-windows-8-product-key
( there are other articles dealing with the same question. You can google, then pick and choose.)

Sorry for the confusion Keith.
Wouldn't the Win 8.1 disc come in handy if you went to refresh and it asked for more content as I have read is the case. If the disc is inserted it would have the content it needs to continue without the key to refresh. That is my understanding. I know I cannot use it to install. There is a way to start 8, stop it after entering the 8 key then starting 8.1 which continues with out asking for a key. I have never done it and would not know how but have read about it.

My name is David, not Keith.

......There is a way to start 8, stop it after entering the 8 key then starting 8.1 which continues with out asking for a key. I have never done it and would not know how but have read about it.............

Read this tutorial: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-download-windows-8.1-iso-file-using-your-windows-8-product-key/

........If the disc is inserted it would have the content it needs to continue without the key to refresh. That is my understanding........
No.That is incorrect. The moment you insert the DVD you will be asked for the product key. Win 8 key won't do.

You must have read these already...................
In Win 8.1 you have the following options:
1. Create System Image Backup via File History. Use an external hard drive and do that regularly. I do that once a week. It's like a system restore point in principles. It will have the image of the system at the time the image backup is done. I used that to restore my system once.
2. Create a Repair Disk after System Image Backup is done.
3. Create a Recovery Drive with either a flask drive or DVDs.

To my knowledge, that is all Microsoft is offering, for now.
I have told you everything I know.
If you need more, it will have to come from another more knowledgeable members.

Last edited:
Hi David
Thank you for your help.
I talk with Keith who is here at times. The Win 8.1 disc would help if you are trying to 'refresh' and it asks for more information. Then you insert the disc -no key is asked for.

Hi David
I would be glad to give the file to you but I do not have it. I was told not to send it online as it is illegal which I did not know. When I typed the entire link out to send, MS immediately put a block on it.
It was sent to me by a friend who is quite techy. I hope you find luck with someone. Perhaps some one can jump in who knows a lot more than I do.
Peter

Forget about it.
You have an illegal copy of Win 8.1 iso which you burnt into a dvd, and you expect us to confirm if it works or not?

I am signing out from this thread.

Last edited:
No, I did not know at the time about the legalities and never expected you to confirm anything. I was asking a friend if it could be used to supplement missing information during a refresh. I think that is why you asked me to send you the link.

Back
Top Bottom