Windows 7 Win XP Mode Failure

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
After having set up XP in virtualisation mode and had it working more or less satisfactorily. Even got a USB soundcard working. I find today that after getting into it, a major programme would not launch.

I launched a second one, which ran but which locked up and could not be stopped.

Exit XP. Reboot the Win-7 machine. Start XP, get error "...Terminal connection is busy processing another connect operation" followed after a time by the login screen.

Enter password and get the same error.

One time I did get into XP, but every app lauched gave error "App failed to init as the window station is shutting down". I noticed that the locked-up app from the first session was still on the taskbar and still locked up and unable to be stopped.

Anyone know of a way of recovering the situation or do I have to uninstall XP, reinstall and put everything back on?

This is an old thread, but I have had this problem too - here in 2011. I get the message "...Terminal connection is busy processing another connect operation" followed by a new login screen. Usually I can wait awhile and try again and it works. But it sure would be nice if it didn't happen in the first place. I do not know what other connect operation is being attempted, but I want mine to take priority!!!

Back