Windows 7 Win7 7057 x86 leaked!

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
Yep, another one. This one may be a little harder to find. Try looking around Moscow.

Edit: OOH, pretty...

f28e4fcb677c.jpg

Last edited:
I still don't see the point to getting these interim builds.. seriously.. the RC is just around the corner and it's going to be offered to the general public just like the Beta (build 7000) was.. ;) What is the point to getting these 'in between' builds? I mean yes, I admit I would really like to get a hold of them and install them just as much as anyone else but I don't.. I donno, maybe it's just me, I just don't see the point.. :)

I still don't see the point to getting these interim builds.. seriously.. the RC is just around the corner and it's going to be offered to the general public just like the Beta (build 7000) was.. ;) What is the point to getting these 'in between' builds? I mean yes, I admit I would really like to get a hold of them and install them just as much as anyone else but I don't.. I donno, maybe it's just me, I just don't see the point.. :)

I understand where you are coming from, I had the same attitude. But when the 7048 x64 got leaked I gave it a shot and Im glad I did. Its heaps smoother bro. But like you said, the next build I try will be the RC

It actually leaked to public trackers?
I downloaded it last night, haven't touched it yet, but I didn't think it was going to get that far. It was in a pretty high-up place when I got to it.

It actually leaked to public trackers?
I downloaded it last night, haven't touched it yet, but I didn't think it was going to get that far. It was in a pretty high-up place when I got to it.

Yep...I just downloaded it to install on my laptop.

Didn't happen to see an x64 build floating around did ya?

According to the 7057 installation it is the RC. Ill be waiting this one out until they leak the 64 bit version.

Don't get over excited by the March 2010 date (I haven't tried the download so I can't check this out)

remember that this info on other builds shows July as the expiry however the actual date is Aug 1.

What you could try for us is the command slmgr /dli this will show if the product is in the RETAIL branch.

You should see a little box with Name --windows Ultimate edition
Description ----- Windows Operating Sysytem --Windows(R) 7 RETAIL channel partial product Key ------

Licensed state licensed.

Please post back your results -

cheers
jimbo

Please post back your results -

cheers
jimbo

Jimbo,
That's exactly what I got.

Name: Windows 7, Ultimate Edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows 7, RETAIL channel
Partial Product Key: KW6
License Status: Licensed

Now what was that command to find out the actual expiration date, not just the winver one?

I'm waiting for a legitimate release from Microsoft. I don't want any cracked software on my computer. I don't go to the torrents sites. I feel it's a bad habit to get into.

djwayne,
Technically, it's not cracked software, as the keys used to activate are legitimate, so there is no "cracking" going on. I understand what your saying, and I'm going to try to make the official RC my last install until it hits retail.

I am becoming a bit of a build junkie though, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Technically, it may not be cracked, but possibly obtained from a non-Microsoft source. This makes it illegal. The fact that the keys, which were generously given for the public release, work, has nothing to do with it's legality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, it may not be cracked, but possibly obtained from a non-Microasoft source. This makes it illegal. The fact that the keys, which were generously given for the public release, work, has nothing to do with it's legality.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, especially since this build originated in Russia. I'm starting to think that most of these are coming from an MS source though, as this many builds this quick is just insane. I think that MS knows that if they leak a build, immediately thousands of people are going to install it and talk about it on forums and blogs, and that gives MS thousands more free beta testers, so that if anything show stopping comes up, they can have it fixed by the next build. That may or may not be what's going on, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Microsoft, or any other large software company, are never going to stop it. The only way would be to make the final release behind closed doors with a maxiumum of about three trusted employees working with it. Theoretically impossible. With, at present, dozens of personnel having access, of course it will leak. It will be a little easier to control the final keys of course, but it won't take the hackers long to come up with a remedy for that.

You can justify it all you want, but getting software from torrents is a bad habit to get in to. I won't even go there.

:)

AFAIK Microsoft hasn't condemned any of these "alternative sources" yet -- and I agree it's extra FREE testing for Microsoft without them having to provide capacity (and security) on THEIR OWN SERVERS.

Since this is a Non charge product it's not "stealing" in the conventional sense and for everybody its a win-win situation.

Microsoft could easily stop this in one go -- the first time the computer attempted to use Windows update FOR ANYTHING Microsoft could EASILY hobble the OS to make it almost non functioning or fill it up with so much nagware such as a popup every time you tried to execute anythibg saying "Please Next time only download from OUR site") that people would just give up.

Actually Microsoft is rather pleased that Windows 7 testing is going so well -- I'm surprised however by the Mar 2010 extension to expiry given by build 7057.

Cheers
jimbo

I have to agree that Microsoft could put a stop to it if they really wanted to. As a musician, who's music gets ripped, I make it a point not to support torrents in any way, shape, or form.

On the Microsoft TechNet forums, they discourage using "leaked" versions, quote.....

"There are always many internal builds being used by the developers during the beta process, there could be several every week. These are used by the developers to immediately test bug fixes and new code. Some of these interim builds are shared with outside organizations, usually major third party software or hardware developers, for their own internal testing. These builds have not undergone the usual, extensive internal testing before being released to these organizations.

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for one of these builds to be occasionally 'leaked' to the public and placed on Torrent sites.

Anyone who downloads and uses any of these builds is at risk, since they could contain malicious code that was added to the program before being placed on the Torrent site. This is very common. Whoever the person was who leaked one of these builds is of dubious character, since this violates every contract and agreement designed to keep these interim builds private.

Hope this helps".

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Back