Windows 7 Win7 hibernates then tries to hibernate but fails

atechuno

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM.
Windows 7
4GB PC2-6400
Intel Celeron 900 2.2GHz
3 Days old as of todays post

Symptoms:
Can hibernate then wake up. I try to hibernate again, after doing whatever it is I have to do and it fails. Power and WIFI LED stay on. After X amount of minutes (I believe 20 minutes or so) it shuts down. I press the power bottom and has all the Safe Mode options and Start Windows Normally.

Hi.

Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file then attach it to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

I can see your drivers this way, show you which need an update and where to get them.

A few months newer update is available for the Realtek HD Audio:

Realtek

-----------

This will update the Realtek wireless adapter driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47860.exe

------------

You don''t have any drivers installed for the Bluetooth. This will install them:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

--------------

There is a new bios update to install. You currently have F.15.

This will make it F.17.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I installed and updated with all the links you provided and still can not go into hibernate. =/ It's not a big deal or a must fix type of thing, Just would like to have it 'cause I'm in college and it's just easier to hibernate than just shutdown and wait for it to start up from scratch.

Thanks.

How much free space do you have on C: ?

You may want to delete your old hibernate.sys to get a new fresh one :

start > cmd > powercfg.exe -h off, search for hibernate.sys and delete it. Empty recycle bin. Then start > cmd > powercfg.exe -h on.

Good idea Cybercore.

The powercfg -h off command will automatically delete hiberfil.sys. The on command will create it again.

Last edited:
I did that X amount of times already, still does the same thing. Even disabled some start up programs that I found of no use to me starting up. Still does the Same thing as my first post states/says.

Back