Windows 7 Win7 not booting after standby mode

dReas

I have a problem that I hope someone here will be able to solve.

My son managed to hit the standby button on my keyboard while i was working. The computer shutdown and now when i press the standy button to start-up windows again I get nothing. The harddrive and fans turn on but i doesn't seem like the cpu has started. I have no keyboard or mouse functionality so I can't hit f8 or f12 to go to bios and the screen remains blank.

I've even tried restarting the pc with my win7 disc with no results

I've also tried restarting the pc with the reset button but it just shuts down and restarts then.

I hope the information isn't too convoluted and here's hoping that someone can help me.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
that's my problem too

This sounds exactly like my problem - have you managed to resolve this yet. I am tearing my hair out trying to find out what is wrong and need help.
Thanks
Trevor

It's possible the failure to boot isn't related to windows 7 so personally I would first make sure my system can get as far as BIOS then POST, all systems have to perform a POST routine regardless of operating system

are you both using desktop systems and do you feel confident in removing all the RAM sticks but one ?

are you confident your monitor is plugged in/ on and working ?

I think this is what your asking but the information you give is sparse

Ickymay,
Sorry the information is sparse - I'm a bit new to computers hence me tearing my hair out. By the way mine is a laptop sorry. No the system does not even get to BIOS I don't get any option to press F2 and I don't hear any beeps or anything. This presumably means this is a hardware problem?

yes

maybe try pull the battery just to make sure , then replace and plugin to mains and attempt boot, if nothing happens I personally think it's time to take to your supplier/repairer etc

Unless anyone can suggest different ??