Windows 7 Win7 not booting after standby mode

dReas

I have a problem that I hope someone here will be able to solve.

My son managed to hit the standby button on my keyboard while i was working. The computer shutdown and now when i press the standy button to start-up windows again I get nothing. The harddrive and fans turn on but i doesn't seem like the cpu has started. I have no keyboard or mouse functionality so I can't hit f8 or f12 to go to bios and the screen remains blank.

I've even tried restarting the pc with my win7 disc with no results :frown:

I've also tried restarting the pc with the reset button but it just shuts down and restarts then.

I hope the information isn't too convoluted and here's hoping that someone can help me.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
that's my problem too

This sounds exactly like my problem - have you managed to resolve this yet. I am tearing my hair out trying to find out what is wrong and need help.
Thanks
Trevor

It's possible the failure to boot isn't related to windows 7 so personally I would first make sure my system can get as far as BIOS then POST, all systems have to perform a POST routine regardless of operating system :)

are you both using desktop systems and do you feel confident in removing all the RAM sticks but one ?

are you confident your monitor is plugged in/ on and working ?

I think this is what your asking but the information you give is sparse :confused:

Ickymay,
Sorry the information is sparse - I'm a bit new to computers hence me tearing my hair out. By the way mine is a laptop sorry. No the system does not even get to BIOS I don't get any option to press F2 and I don't hear any beeps or anything. This presumably means this is a hardware problem?

Ickymay,
Sorry the information is sparse - I'm a bit new to computers hence me tearing my hair out. By the way mine is a laptop sorry. No the system does not even get to BIOS I don't get any option to press F2 and I don't hear any beeps or anything. This presumably means this is a hardware problem?

yes :mad:

maybe try pull the battery just to make sure , then replace and plugin to mains and attempt boot, if nothing happens I personally think it's time to take to your supplier/repairer etc :frown:

Unless anyone can suggest different ??

Back