Windows 7 Win7 random BSODS

imBrandon

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Retail and I get a BSOD probably every 1-3 Days. These happen occasionally and I don't know what the problem is.

Problem Details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000031
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF880009E7180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110709-43695-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51636-0.sysdata.xml

Hi Brandon,
could you give a little more background to your problem please... Like when did it start, did you install something or update a driver or has it been there from the beginning?
Usually blue screens are driver/hardware conflict so what are your drivers like?
Also check your motherboard bios and see if it the latest version..
Lastly, please list your system spec..:)

It started when I first installed Windows 7. I used to have Windows XP Professional SP1. It used to be really frequent. Like maybe 5 times a day. But then I updated motherboard BIOS, updated my graphics card driver, and then updated my motherboard drivers. Now the BSOD's happen less, but still do happen.

System Specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Motherboard: ASUS M3N78 Pro
Graphics Card: Geforce 9600 GT
PCI Slot: Linksys wireless adapter.

Thanks for that.. Have you noticed if there's a pattern at all...Like does it blue screen whenever you do something particular like play a game?

On this page here is a drop down menu. It might find better drivers for any hardware used but remember to trust your own judgement on this..

Windows Compatibility Center

I have noticed no pattern. It happens randomly. Sometimes while playing a game. Sometimes while listening to music and sometimes just surfing the web. Just random.

Okay I'll update drivers and see if that helps.

Thank you! The only thing I really updated is my motherboard BIOS.
So I'll let you know if this happens again.
Do you think it might be a PSU issue?

The PSU can cause blue screens if it's not powerfull enough.. Whats the rating on yours?

That is a little low really... The one you have picked out as a replacement will be just about perfect..

I always find this very handy when it comes to sorting out your power needs:

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Alright thanks for all the support, I appreciate it :)

EDIT: It recommends 474 watts. So 650 will be fine

Last edited:
So the blue screens are probably caused by the psu then... You might see a performance increase as well as the new psu will be able to give your machine the power it needs..
When does the new one arrive?

Lol...ok...no worries.. Is there any way you could reduce your system output? Like do you have lots plugged into your usb ports and stuff? If so, take off as much as you can... Things like scanners and printers need only be hooked up when you actually need them so if your not using it unplug it..

Everything I have plugged into the back is what I need. Monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, power plug, Ethernet cable.
So there really isn't anything to unplug.

Well xmas is now about 6.5 weeks away so not too long I guess...

Back